US$119
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$119
US$221
Hyatt.com
US$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$136
US$107
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

All reviewsal caponejacuzzi tubchain hotelsbeautiful hotelhotel roombed was comfortablebeatlessealcourthouseballroomrenovationlinens
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We arrived for a surprise get together - thirty two years since our last visit - and found it to be clean and the staff friendly. Drinks were a tad expensive but the food was excellent and the ambiance pleasant. Loads of parking
Overall a three star Plus

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

After looking at countless other options for a wedding venue, we settled on the George Washington and were NOT disappointed. Claire was spot on with her communication, was always knowledgeable, and helped in so many ways that we can't possibly thank her enough. The wedding went smoothly (as did our rehersal), and everyone had a wonderful time. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect day, and we have Claire to thank for it. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this hotel if booking for a wedding.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ItsBrittanyAnn
Reviewed 11 August 2016

When you step into the door you go back in time to see how things were back in the early to mid 1900's. Yes it looks good. Parking is awful when they are having weddings and events, so there's a minus. The room I was in(808) was wonderfully set up and clean. Way to go Traci!!! The tubs in the room need some attention. Beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Traci, which is Head Housekeeper. If your setting around and decide you need some conversation during the daytime, please go down stairs to the lobby and look up Ms. Ann. Wonderful little ole lady will steal your heart with stories of the way things used to be. She should know she has been at the same hotel for over 35 years, and worked at the back located right next door. As for the price... its about the same as the other surrounding hotels, but being right down town it's quiet and safe.
I have read the other reviews and I feel I need to add these remarks. When I stay here I usually stay for at least a month sometime as many as 3 to 4. I bring my own personal towels, wash rags, pots and pans, things to cook and so forth. There are washing machines on the 10th and the 5th. Need more, of course at least on every floor.

Room Tip: If your going to stay for awhile...come see them. Stayed here for the past 3 years off and on
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We were there for a wedding, and maybe booked 18 rooms. They were not prepared for us . . . not enough towels, washcloths, Kleenex and cleaning for a 3 night stay was minimal (some people didn't have hot water and they didn't know how to turn it on) . . . I couldn't reach the pull cords on the fans/lights. The wedding was nice but chair covers and some items were well worn and needing replacing . . . thank goodness the bride's family furnished a continental breakfast and was on top of everything. The bride paid for top shelf at the bar, they provided watered down vodka! As a family we had a good time . . . the hotel was not prepared for us! Too much change in staff that needed training.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 August 2016

Dear Carol B,
Thank you for bringing to light the issues you and your party endured while staying with us. I would first and foremost like to apologize for any and all problems. Due to your concerns given to us on the weekend of the event we have made the necessary changes to improve our hotel. On behalf of the George Washington Hotel again we sincerely apologize and hope that when in the area again you will consider us for you overnight accommodations .

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

This review pains me to write. I had a beautiful NYE wedding at the George Washington Hotel. It was gorgeous. Picture perfect. The chef is as astounding. A diamond in the rough. Those elements were top notch.

We had some other not so great features, like the bartender the evening before just not knowing how to handle a crowded bar to point she called last call at 11pm. I had to go rushing around to ensure the bar would not close. The hotel did make this right but it was quite the hassle the night of our rehearsal. And booking rooms was a nightmare because they have a terrible system of keeping track (or not keeping track at all of room blocks).

Here is the thing that has me most upset. We paid a lot of money for our wedding. They forgot one of our main appetizers. The one we were both most excited about and the one that obviously cost the most and was most upscale.

After realizing this, I called the director of operations and she apologized admitting she had forgot to put it on the order to the chef. Okay, I get that mistakes are make. I was disappointed but not mad. I asked for her to come up with a value of the shrimp and supply with refund since I had prepaid. She agreed. My wedding was NYE and it is now July. I've got no value number, no refund, no nothing... She ignores, dodges and doesn't return my calls.

This probably would have been a happy positive review if the follow up services were okay. But it's seems since they have my money and the event is over they don't care.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family