“The Melting Pot”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Street Rd.
Description: Dip Into Something Different
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We went to celebrate a birthday and had fun eating. It was challenging to choose the entrees on the menu. Cheese fondu was great. Salads were rather small. I choose duck, ahi tuna and steak. The chocolate dessert was great.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We celebrated the graduation of my niece at the Melting Pot, and the experience was just okay. I thought to write this the other day as we drove past the restaurant again and my wife commented “the Melting Pot is over-priced, and the service is too slow for us to go there again.” We had a larger party of nine when we went a couple weeks ago thinking it would be great place to have a celebration dinner. Don’t get me wrong, the food was good, and our server was nice. I just don’t think we really got a true $40 per person experience. Our first course went well, and the cheese fondue was good (although it was a less expensive Cheddar vs. Gruyere that we use at home). Our second (hot broth) course probably was the best part of the meal, although it took a long time to arrive, and we did observe that a large party that arrived after us had somehow received their second course ahead of us. When it came to the final course (chocolate), we had forgotten the delay we experienced earlier in the evening and anxiously waited for the good stuff to arrive. We waited and waited. Some sort of mixup in the kitchen had us waiting for about 25 minutes. All in all, the food was good, and our server was professional and had a great personality. I just can’t see us going again any time soon, when there are so many other places to go where one can get a better meal for the price and a better overall service experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

My granddaughter and I came one a rainy afternoon for dessert and she loved it. I've always liked the dessert here, but it was fun to share it with her.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We are a somewhat frequent diner at the Melting Pot. We arrived recently for my daughter's birthday celebration to find severe price increases to the menu. I am referring to almost $10 increase per 4 course selection. While this is a unique dining experience, I certainly don't feel it warrants a $50 per 4 course meal price tag. This has certainly now eliminated even more people from being able to afford this restaurant. If I am going to spend this kind of money for dining I would much prefer to head to a 5 star restaurant in Philadelphia!

1  Thank Bethany M
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I came here only for dessert and it was pretty good. Pricing is $10/pp for dessert. It wasn't my first trip here, have been here for the 4-course meals too. Cooking the meals yourself is a different experience but that's what this place is about - besides the fondue. The portion for the fondue sides seem like a very little bit for two people but sometimes the wait staff will give u a few piece of extras if you ask.