“Quaint Resort with lots of character”
Review of Stone Bridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Union Dale
Stone Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Union Dale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Perhaps I'm not qualified to give a review since I did not stay here. I visited a friend and his family who were staying here while Skiing at Elk Mt. We had Dinner at Stone Bridge. They showed me their room and all around this Inn. What a beautiful place Stone Bridge is. I have to take my family to stay here. The area had received about 8" of snow while there and Stone Bridge looked like a picture post card. It has a very European feel. Many of the rooms have fireplaces and a lofts with beds which are great for families. A common area is a nice place for guests to gather and discuss the days skiing, have a drink or an AM continental breakfast.

Stone Bridge has a small number of rooms and I believe they book up quite fast. I was told that they also have an indoor pool area with a fireplace as well. There is a restaurant and bar area as well.

I don't see a lot of Excellent reviews here but compared to other accommodations in the area, I have to give this an Excellent review. It's about two miles from the base of Elk Mountain ski area which is very convenient. Talking to a few guests while visiting, it appears that this place has a lot of regulars who come every year, especially during holiday weeks. Book early, but don't take my room!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank beanzalo

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at Stone Bridge when we were in the area visiting our son at camp. The hotel was nicely located and easy to find. Our check in was quick and easy, since the property only has a dozen rooms. We were booked into room 7, which is on the second floor and looks out the rear of the inn. No view to speak of.
The place is quaint, although started to seem a bit dated. There are two things about the hotel that were least enjoyed was 1) the inability to get our room to a comfortable temperature. The air conditioning unit did not seem to have a thermostat, so no matter what temperature range you selected, it just ran really cold. And since it was an older unit, it caused my husband some respiratory problems, likely due to it's age, perhaps old filter and the fact that it ran and ran. And 2) the building has a marked musty smell to it. Sort of reminded me of an old damp basement. Our room itself was fine, but the common area where they serve continental breakfast really needed a dehumidifier to address this problem.
The real gem of this property is it's restaurant. Here you are in the middle of no where, and it's menu was top notch. We ate here both nights we stayed and got the chance to try several of the appetizers and entrees. I was not disappointed by anything. Our favorites were the beef tournedos and the roasted duck. Both perfectly done and delicious. We actually ate in the pub both nights where they serve the full restaurant menu. We thought it was more relaxing and casual to sit at the bar rather than in the main dining room. The bartender Ryan was great! We enjoyed our conversations with him and his attention to service was fantastic.
Overall, this was a nice little place and I would recommend it for a short weekend getaway. If they address the musty problem and dated air conditioning units, I would consider giving it an excellent rating.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DelcoMom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This is our favorite getaway place when we're in the Endless Mountains. The staff is frielndly, helpful and feel like old friends... the restaurant is nice with a unique selection.. but our favorite is the tavern...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank denisehurley67
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I've stayed here several times - all during ski season, and have always enjoyed my stay. The European ambiance of the inn is especially inviting and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I particularly love the rooms with fireplaces. A continental breakfast is served and gets you off to a good start on the slopes. I only wish they would put coffee makers and small refrigerators in the rooms; a microwave somewhere in office or living room would be nice too. The tavern is not open every nite, but when it is, one can enjoy an apres ski drink and burger without going up the road. The place is always my first choice for an overnite at Elk and I can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank SkierhikerGal
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We came for a wedding and were told to book early because there are few places to stay in this area. We are so glad we did. We stayed in a room on the back side, lower level of the inn. Saturday was a beautiful summer day and I was able to sit in a chair on the grassy area overlooking wildflowers and rolling hills. You can only find that kind of quiet in very few places.
It was a serene, beautiful spot. The inn was nice- room a little small but definitely OK. Everything was very clean. The staff was GREAT. I slept in too late for the continental breakfast, and the staff was cleaning up when I came in. They cheerfully put everything back out, and welcomed me as if I was a guest at their own home.
The only thing I really missed was a clock in the room. Also, if you book the same room (ask when you book it), be aware you have to walk down an outside staircase (if you have difficulty with stairs). If you want peace and quiet and very nice staff and owner, come here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Slightlypickytravele

Been to Stone Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!