“Best hoagies in area”

Oliver's Place Sandwich Shop
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Temple
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Oliver's has the best hoagies in the area. V&S nearby is a close second but Olivers pulls ahead with their meats. I am a big boy from the Skook who has eaten plenty of hoagies from legendary shops like Farlow's in Pottsville and TNT in St Clair who stuff bread with huge portions of tasty lunch meats. I know hoagies. Oliver uses top end meats pretty sure its Boar's Head. I always get an Italian hoagie which includes good prosciutto - rare for this area. I could always use more meat on a sandwich, but Olivers has just about enough - maybe two more slices. The rolls are Amoroso style, soft on outside but firm exterior kind of like a bagel. Small off street parking in Temple and a few tables inside. Their food is definitely not like any other shops nearby and they are very close to a five star rating if a tad cheaper and tad fatter.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I tend to not rate a place off of one visit. I live close by to here so it's a quick spot for a hoagie. I've tried different things and the sandwiches are just like any other hoagie shop around. I understand they use Boar's Head meats but very very expensive. I am not halting my breaks to stop here, just too pricey.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We wanted to try a different place to eat and have been talking about trying Oliver’s Place since they opened. They are a really friendly staff, the sandwich shop is very clean and I like their decorations even though I am a Chevy lady.
I went with one of my favorite sandwich shop meals; cheese steak and French fries. I enjoyed watching them make my sandwich (sat at their counter, instead of a table); it was really good and the fries were crispy without being over-cooked. He had the “Reading Fair” mushrooms and the “Real Deal” Italian sandwich and he loved both. We will definitely return to try some other menu items; I am thinking the Certified Angus burger is next.

1  Thank Kitt405
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I eat here frequently and I love it. The quality of the meat and cheese is wonderful. The staff is great.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Stopped here on way home. It is located along Mt. Laurel rd in Temple Pa. Nice interior and clean. It has bar stools plus tables to eat in which was what we did. Got Italian sub which had plenty of meat and also the steak sandwich with sauce and onions. Both were very good. The rolls are excellent too. There is a soda fountain plus drinks in the case such as ice tea bottles.