All reviews chop house the cottages main building outdoor fireplace small kitchenette short weekend nearby casino restaurant downstairs nice accommodations the general manager excellent place to stay king suite kiddie pool wonderful stay room cottage bed was very comfortable mount airy casino
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in cottage # 31 and it was very tastefully decorated. I was pleasantly surprised to see how nicely maintained the porch was from the start. The cottage was just as nice. Everything looked new! The living room had a nice leather sleeper sofa, table and chairs and an electric fireplace. There was a small kitchenette, microwave coffee maker and fridge. The bedroom was large and again nice furniture. I wish they had a king bed, but just a queen, but comfy. Bathroom was decent. We didn't swim, but the pool was very nice. We assumed that it was heated because people were swimming at night and it was chilly. We didn't try the restaurant. I would go back again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Theresa M, General Manager at Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Hello LMJF!
I appreciate your taking the time to 'review' our property. Thank you for noticing the care we take to maintain this sweet place. We all love taking care of it and hope that all of our guests will come to love it, too.
I encourage you to come back and visit us, in Paradise Township, PA and try out the restaurant. You will be 'pleasantly surprised' once again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2016

My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff, Teresa and Angie were very friendly and accommodating and made sure I was happy with every aspect of my stay. The restaurant was also very good, but they're busy, so definitely make a reservation.
I would stay there again !

Room tip: In the Rooms over the restaurant you're able to hear music but that ends around 9pm on weekends.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Theresa M, General Manager at Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We are all very proud of it and work hard to maintain it in every way. We all really appreciate it when folks like you let us know that all of our hard work is noticed.
See you next time!!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Clean and comfortable. We stayed for one night and paid quite a bit for the room. Considering there was no breakfast offered, I would consider it expensive. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was good, though also expensive.

Room tip: Ask for a room that does not face the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Amy and Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at Woodfield. July and August are the high season in the Poconos ( also January and February ski season!!) and the rates are highest during those months. One night stays are also more expensive (per night) then multiple night stays.
I, too, wish that we could offer breakfast but at this time we cannot. Truly sorry about that.
All of us at Woodfield take great pride in making sure that our guests enjoy clean and comfortable accommodations and do our best to make sure that all of our guests know that they are welcome in beautiful Paradise Township, PA!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Stayed at the Woodfield Manor for a weekend with my wife and kids.

Pros:

1) Very friendly service - they were willing to accommodate early check-in and late check-out.
2) The house (a one-bedroom apartment, really) was very nice.
3) The property is quiet and the grounds are beautiful. We even picked and ate wild blackberries that grow on the property.

Cons:
The pool - the water was too cold in the middle of July even for our kids to go in. In all fairness, they do not advertise the pool as heated. But it would have made a huge difference because other than the pool there is nothing else to do at the resort.

We did not try the restaurant.

Overall, would definitely stay there again for a night or two if we are in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Ilya and thank you for your thoughtful comments.
We, at Woodfield, all do our best to accommodate our guests requests and although sometimes we have to say "gee, no, I'm sorry I can't get you an early check in... or a late check out..." whenever we can, we say "YES!" ...and we really like to say "YES!!!!" I'm so glad that we were able to say "Yes!" to you.
I absolutely LOVE that you found the blackberries! It is delightful to know that some of our guests take the time to explore the property. My husband has been picking them, too!
It has bothered me for quite some time that there is not a lot for children to do on the property. While there are many activities, locally, there really is nothing other than the pool and some lawn game available right here. I'm gonna work on that... perhaps a tree house?
Regarding the pool water temperature; it is actually heated and we maintain an average temperature of between 75 and 78 degrees. At this temperature, the water will feel cold if the air temperature is 90 or 95 degrees. The water will feel warm if the air is 60, which frequently happens, early in the day or in the evenings, up here.
Thank you, again, for your thoughtful review. I look forward to welcoming you, again, to Woodfield Manor if you should find your way back to Paradise Township in the Poconos.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Wife and I needed a weekend away just to relax and move at OUR desired pace. We could not have picked a better place. The staff could not be more pleasant or welcoming. Very quiet surroundings and beautiful gardens. Right-sized pool area. The room was very clean..no musty smell that I was expecting of a place in the Poconos. We reserved late so we couldn't get the cottage I was hoping for, but the room above the restaurant was spacious. It has a whole separate living area. Bathroom looked newly remodled...either that or they do a great job cleaning it. The on-site restaurant (The Front own Chophouse) was top notch. We'll be back.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe O

Hello Joe!
Well, your comments certainly made me smile BIG TIME! As I've mentioned in other responses, all of us at Woodfield take great pride in our property and it means a lot to us when a guest takes the time to let us know that our efforts are noticed!
I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Poconos.