All reviews cocktail hour the cottages wedding venue main building prime rib gas fireplace seafood buffet outdoor wedding indoor pool multiple weddings meatballs restaurant staff living area continental breakfast friday night beautiful property brunch
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I was here for a wedding. The facilities were beautiful and the service was great. The wedding took place at an outdoor gazebo. I am only giving four stars instead of five because I thought that the women's room in the main hall was something to be desired. It seemed to have not been cleaned in a while. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brittany S
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We stayed at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn for our last night on the East Coast. We fell in love with this place, wish we could of stayed more than one night. Our room was outstanding, the food for dinner and breakfast were excellent and the staff were very nice. We hope to return again some day.

Room Tip: If you have accessibility issues ask for a ground floor room. No elevators in the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Billie F
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We went on a Friday night to the seafood buffet. The food was plentiful with many choices. The lobster bisque was a disappointment. I read so many good reviews on it but I thought it was very salty and and had a burnt roux taste to me. The calamari was a cold salad. I was hoping for fried calamari. The salmon, shrimp and smoked whiting were very good. The hot dinner selection was nice. Eggplant rollatini, seafood over linguine and the prime rib were all hot and tasty. The bread and roll selection was average. Many cold salads to choose from. We tried the Caesar salad but the lettuce was limp from having sat there with the dressing on. It was nice to be able to take the dessert out since you had to order it. There was no dessert buffet. Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with the food for some of the reasons listed in my review. We went for our anniversary because it was close to home. Not sure if I would go back again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CCZ_10
Reviewed 14 June 2017

When my wife and I want a place that we can easily "escape" to, without a long
drive, that place is Stroudsmoor. We have had their "champagne brunch" dozens of
times and have always felt that it was a "cut above". The atmosphere affords an extremely relaxed feeling with a high quality of food that includes caviar-smoked
salmon-and many delicious entrees. We have stayed in the, (what we call) a
"mountain ledge suite" and found it to be luxurious and a great retreat. We live
about one hour away and when we go there it is a complete change of pace, and the accommodations are luxurious.

Room Tip: Ledgemere Suites are great.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank robertlB6819JC
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The hotel is nice but the rooms/bathrooms are quite small and the furniture is very old. Our heater was broken and it made the room super warm. In the other hand the hotel is very cozy, it offers an ok breakfast and it offers free parking.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple