See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have stayed at several motels in and out of the area and the rooms here at the paramount are definately bigger and cleaner. I have even stayed at a Ramada and The Paramount is definately the place to go. If your looking for breakfast and hospitality then go find the Marriot. If you need someplace clean to lay your head and relax without paying outragious prices the Paramount is the place. The pool was not open yet but if you want to do marathon laps find a ymca. Don't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank lovelyt205
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This is a dirty, stinky, out dated motel with rude unaccommodating staff. I drove over 900 miles to visit friends, arriving around 6:00 am. This was the only pet friendly hotel with a vacancy I was able to find at 5:30 am when I called to find a room. I was told they had a room available for that night at a rate of $50 per night. When I checked I was charged $65. I assumed that I was paying for the entire day and 1 night. They still use the old fashioned regular keys instead of key cards for the rooms. After being on the road for 14 hours, I was so exhausted I thought the key tag read # 6. When I opened the door to room # 6 there was someone in the bed. The manager showed me that the key tag was for room # 9. The same key unlocked the doors to room # 6 and # 9. I felt unsecure knowing that the person in the room next to me could unlock my door, especially when I was sure this was crack motel. When I got into my room it was stinky and dirty. The furnishings were out dated and looked like they had been there since the late 70’s. I was so tired that it really didn’t matter at that point; I just wanted to get a shower and sleep for a few hours. The towels they supply are the cheapest ones made and they do not give you any extras. Around 9:00 am housekeeping told me that checkout time was at 11:00 am. I went to the office to speak to the manager because I had intended to stay in a hotel for 2 nights, but if they were going to charge me $65 for 4 hours I had no intentions of paying that much for another night in this roach motel. The manager told me that if I was going to stay for 2 nights the charge would be $180 plus $50 for checking in early. I told him that I would be leaving at checkout time and finding another hotel with better accommodations. Housekeeping lingered outside my door basically rushing me out of the room so they could clean it. I stayed in the room until 11:00 am on the dot. I would have rather slept in my car for a few hours instead of wasting $65 on this room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank travelprincess28
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Paramount is a great motel to stay at. Ive stayed here twice (once for a week), and the price was very good. The rooms are clean, working fridge and microwave and a clean bathroom which is one thing I can purely rate a review on. The manager is super nice and accommodating to any needs. They also provide bagels and coffee in the morning which was very nice.
Overall a good experience and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan7005
Reviewed 26 August 2012

[iminent=y0g5NbgUWfOB] I've been commuting to the Poconos for over a decade and have stayed in a variety and numerous accommodations with family and friends. I currently frequent the Paramount Motel and find it to be an enjoyable and worthwhile experience. It is a family establishment that makes great efforts to provide service that is beyond accommodating. The rooms are clean and well-furnished with KG size or two DBL size beds that are firm and restful, micro-wave and refrigerator. They have wi-fi capacity that allows for unfinished work to be completed. There's complimentary morning coffee. The pool has been a source of relaxation and physical refreshment during hot summer days. I find the location great because most, if not all, Pocono entertainment is accessible. What I really like about the Paramount Motel is that it is quaint, quiet, and a place I can relax and always feel welcome!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maurice M
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Rooms, exterior, pool, pond look nothing like the photos on the web page. No picnic tables, there is a propane grill. Pond is covered with algae. Rooms are very outdated, mattress was sunk in the middle and you could feel the springs. Carpet was filthy. After being told the room was $99.99, Mr. Manish offered us the room for $69.99, my taking it for that was a mistake. Only thing positive about this place was the pool was crystal clear, but a lot smaller then what you see in the photo. Just all around not a good stay. Sorry Mr. Manish!

Room Tip: Dont stay in #119
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple