“Outstanding!”

Fireside Tavern
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Strasburg
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We visited this restaurant for dinner recently while vacationing in the area. We liked it so much we came back a second night. Fantastic atmosphere, great drinks, and the service was excellent, despite being super busy both nights. Oh, and the food! I had the baked ravioli, and it was hands down the best ravioli dish I've ever had (and I've had more than a few). Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Over the years this has been one of our favorite restaurants for lunch. We make the long drive for delicious crabcake sandwich and PEI mussels; however, the last two times (January and February 2018) the flavors were not up to par. Plus the crabmeat was shredded (not lump crab as advertised) and the rolls were inferior (fell apart). We will return and hope it improves.

1  Thank SeniorTraveller68
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We have visited area many times over the years and was looking for something other then Pa. Dutch food or places we have near home. This was a wonderful option. Casual atmosphere, great food. We arrived right before dinner rush and got table right away. I was very crowded when we were leaving. Best Tomato soup ever. Husband ordered Prime rib which was very good. I ordered a Steak special. Filet topped with crab meat and blue cheese sauce, side of seasonal, Excellent rolls and side salads. Definitely will be returning. People were saying burgers are amazing,

Reviewed 18 February 2018

On one of our many visits to Lancaster we asked a lifeguard at Willow Valley about where is a good place to eat. He told us when he wants to impress a date he takes her to the Fireside tavern. That night we went there. We couldn’t believe how wonderful it was, Waiter was very attentive to our table. I had prime ribs that melted in my mouth and my wife had fish. Portions were more than adequate- but we didn’t have to bring home food- after all we were on vacation. Each visit since then we have gone to Lancaster we have eaten there. We’ve brought my Sister in law and Brother in law who also couldn’t believe the quality. A reservation really helps especially on Weekends!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We were staying in the area for the weekend at a nearby Inn and went antiquing in Strasburg. A woman in the local shop recommended the Tavern to us if we were looking for a non-tourist location for good food.

We were greeted right away and sat with Corinne. She was super friendly and we mentioned we hadn’t been there before, so she explained what items come with what and gave us time to look over the menu. The menu looked great! But being that it was lunch, we just got two sandwiches and started with the Crab Dip. The crab dip came in a bread bowl with soft pretzel for dipping, it was great! Super flavorful. My boyfriend got the Fireside burger, he ordered it medium and it came out well done but he ate it. I ordered the chicken pretzel sandwich, which was perfect. Seems a little odd you pay $12 for a sandwich and pay an extra $2 for fries in my opinion, but the fries tasted very good.

The atmosphere was great, we were sat right next to a big brick hearth, which was nice and overall it was a very great experience. We’ll be back if we’re in the area again.