“Great Place for Great Seafood”
Review of Kyma Seafood Grill

Kyma Seafood Grill
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Stevens
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

You can always count on great seafood at a great price at this treasure in PA Dutch country. Try the PEI mussel appetizer with a salad and bread for a meal you won't forget. Add a bottle of wine, or one of their many draft beers. Friends, fun and fantastic flavor!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Great dinner, service and atmosphere sitting out on the deck at Kyma. Ashley was a great server and both my hubby and I really enjoyed our entrees (fish & chips and the herbed salmon spinach salad). We had the chance to sit out on the deck last night for the first time ever and we'd highly recommend it!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Our server, Ashley W, was excellent: attentive, friendly, and accommodating. The food, however, was not so consistently enjoyable. On the delicious list was the dinner rolls, the salad with the homemade ranch dressing, the shrimp skewer meal, the filet mignon with blue cheese and freshly sauteed mushrooms (one reviewer declared the mushrooms to be canned; these decidedly were fresh), the asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and the french fries. On the mediocre to poor list was the crab cake (it was more like a warm, mushy pile of jumbo lump crab and mayo...really not cake-like) and the mahi-mahi (it was so tough that chewing it was difficult....like a tough, fatty steak texture). However, the tropical salsa on the mahi mahi was fresh and delicious.

Concerning the atmosphere, we ate on the deck, which was pleasant except for the loud passings-by of 18 wheelers and motorcycles. My family and I envisioned a stream or ocean beside us to mentally distract from the unpleasantness of dining beside 2 busy roads.

Concerning the value, we felt the offerings were a bit overpriced.

We likely will not return, due to the pricing and the restuarants' location. However, there were enough positives to recommend the place to others, given they dip deep into their pockets and order the filet or shrimp. And request Ashley W as their server.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This was one of the best seafood meals I have had! I had the combination with crab cakes, shrimp and scallops. It was outstanding. The servers were all friendly and helpful! I highly recommend this place if you have the opportunity.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I have been avoiding this restaurant since we moved to this area because they do not take reservations on the weekends. As it turns out, we had no problem getting seated quickly on a Saturday night. Our waiter Greg came quickly to get our order and food was out in reasonable time. The restaurant was clean, the atmosphere was a bit subdued, but that was fine since we wanted a quiet meal. I believe the patio dining was more lively if that is what you are looking for. Wine was $9 per glass and the pinot noir from California was good. We started off with steamed clams and shrimp cocktail and both were well prepared and well presented. Very good! Dinner arrived and I enjoyed the grilled ahi tuna at a rare preparation. Although it was a bit on the cool side, the sauce made the difference and I ate the entire plateful! My wife enjoyed the salmon special and complained that it was a bit overcooked. Desert was more than enough and I ended up taking some key lime pie home. Delicious! My mother in law had the mahi mahi and she enjoyed the preparation. Did we like it? For sure! Did we love it? It could have been better. The price was a bit high also. $150 for 3 of us with 2 glasses of wine. Plenty of gluten free options too. If you love fish, you will find fresh offerings here. And make sure you ask for Greg, my dear!