1,339 results
All reviews dining room golf course adventure center tea room the cottages ping pong zip line ice skating indoor pool outdoor activities lawn bowling hiking trails horseback riding grounds are beautiful old world charm all ages meal plan
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Our second time to Skytop as a family
We purchased on Groupon which offers great discount and breakfast buffet included. The breakfast is magnificent and accommodates all tastes - not on the menu? They will make it for you.
Returning guests will enjoy the A+ dining room staff that remembers how you like your coffee and your name - top notch!

With active children this resort is ideal. Endless activities and you do not feel nickels and dimed. There are little extras that go a long way- the after dinner mints, the cookies & lemonade , butterfly house, nature walks and more

The rooms are as to be expected of an older historic hotel. If you are looking for a Marriott- go and stay at one instead. Skytop has a unique “feeling” that encourages down time.

I love that electronics are not allowed in formal dining room. It’s a throw back to the earlier days where families enjoyed each other.

Tip: there is a fairy garden village on the walk around the lake tucked in near the swing. This is a little known spot nestled in the rocks. My daughter was in her glory. I don’t think this area is sponsored by skytop, rather , built by guests. I encourage you to look for it and add your own little home to it. Skytop is a place where fairies take flight on the wings of butterflies and hummingbirds!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jeffrey R, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I was thrilled to read about your experience and your kind words regarding our Team. Our mission is to make memories and it appears we have succeeded. We look forward to your next opportunity to visit Skytop!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The Skytop lodge located in the poconos is absolutely gorgeous. There are so many things to do. The indoor pool is great as well as the outdoor pool. We ate dinner in the Tap Room which was delicious but the breakfast buffet in the morning is absolutely fabulous.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Wow!!! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and very much look forward to your next adventure at Skytop!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My husband & I stayed here recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had an amazing time. This lodge (90+ yrs old) maintains it's historic charm, yet is extremely clean and has everything is in tip-top shape. We enjoyed just hanging out around the property- so much to do outside- bocce ball, swimming/canoeing in the lake, bikes, zipline, etc, etc...too much to list! There is also an indoor & outdoor pool & a nice rec room in the lower level. Basically fun for all ages! We went on a couple hikes-(we recommend doing the Leavitt Falls trail & the West Rim trail-- pack a picnic lunch to eat at the gazebo that overlooks amazing views. We even saw black bears!). As grown-ups, we enjoyed cocktails on the patio & inside the library/bar area. There were many programs offered each day for exercise, family fun, etc. Be sure to go to the 5th floor observation deck for some amazing panoramic views. We can't wait to go back and take our kids with us next time. I should also mention we arrived to find chocolate covered strawberries in our room as an anniversary gift from the hotel- a very nice touch!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jkumpon
Jeffrey R, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to recap your Most Recent Stay with us. You certainly drew me into your experience and I felt as if I was staying at Skytop myself. It's always nice to read about folks that get the chance to experience all of Skytop. Think about the Fall and Skytop - a great match.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

A truly unique venue. Perched on a hill with amazing grounds. Walk along the lake, revisit your childhood in the hay bale area. Family oriented, but also a a romantic retreat. Choose from multiple,restaurants with really good food formal or informal. You could just explore for hours. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We hope to see you back to stay longer too!!! Thank you for such a positive review and sharing the uniqueness of Skytop. We'll be waiting for your return!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I randomly came across Skytop Lodge when looking for a quick 1 night/2 day summer getaway for family in the Poconos last minute. All the activities they offered sounded too good to be true. Yes, some of the big activities, that you would pay for anywhere else, were extra. But where do you do a 2 hour (or 4 hour) ropes & zip line course, rock climb or horseback ride free? Ok lawn bowling should be free but it was cheap. And the huge blow up obstacle course in the lake was free (and so much fun for whole family!). Badminton, huge lawn chess, glow in the dark putting, outdoor movie etc were all great random things to do to pass the time. Hiked from the lodge, around the lake, to the falls and back with kids age 13, 11 and 9. There was complaining, but could all handle it and it was such a wonderful hike! Paths were so well laid out and easy to follow and STUNNING views! Take the "alternate" trail on the way back as you wind through the woods and it's so cool! I so wish we could have done all the other trails and rented bikes to go on the longer journey around the property. We assumed the golf course wouldn't be in great shape as we thought it was fairly cheap rate ($45 with cart per person when we went). But couldn't have been more wrong! Thoroughly enjoyed the course - especially the spectacular 18th if you don't mind losing a few balls!)

Several restaurants but we only went to the Tap on lowest level as it was more casual. But delicious! Arcade was great entertainment for kids while waiting for dinner and we all had fun playing ping pong. The sweet shop downstairs may be correct with their "best milkshake in the world claim" though I hadn't had one in 10 years.

Wish we had spent at least 2 nights or even more. Part of the charm is the many different places to slowly wander, explore, or even just sit! Never seen so many different chairs/couches I wanted to just sit and do nothing in. The grounds are stunning and so well kept. Outdoor rocking chairs on outer deck and lots of adirondacks on the lawn. Got a quick glass of wine in the "library" which is the bar. Wish I could have spent hours! Great old shelves stacked with very old books (1930's- 50's from what I saw maily) that you can borrow and return. Also wish we'd had time for tour and learned more history. Don't miss the rooftop observation deck!

Heard some people say it was outdated. Well, it is 90 years old. The old is all part of the charm and wonderful experience to me. Yes, small bathrooms and closets. Rooms weren't enormous. But updated enough to be very comfortable and pleasing and you want to spend your time elsewhere!

And the icing on the cake...we left all 5 of our tennis racquets in the room as we had no time to play and forgot we brought them in. 2 days later I called the hotel, they found them and shipped them back next day free of charge.

Book it now! And bring family and friends.

Stayed: August 2018

WOW....Loved your review and was thrilled to read about your experience. It appears that you received the Skytop experience and took advantage of all of the 5,500 acres to enjoy! Our goal is always to exceed expectations and I will certainly pass your comments along to the Team. I especially liked the story behind The Tennis Racquets