1,331 results
All reviewsdining roomgolf courseadventure centertea roomthe cottagesping pongzip lineice skatingindoor pooloutdoor activitieslawn bowlinghiking trailshorseback ridinggrounds are beautifulold world charmall agesmeal plan
Reviewed 11 August 2018

The estate is beautiful with many things to do for couple, family or even business. Dutch style building with English style furnishing. The lobby and ground is beatiful. great place for wedding, family gateway. My friend said she asked if she could charge her phone at the cafe, was told you are expected to fully charged to come here. I found that very cold, one of the room service lady I found was very warm, but several others not so much. Service lagging behind Harare and infrastructure? Internet is useless if you stay in cottage. Cottage room is also no t as big. Comfy though.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank amysun2016
Jeffrey R, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I can only hope my vote may help turn your experience to Excellent. I do wish you had a better experience with our Team and hope you give us another opportunity soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Skytop Lodge was our choice for the place to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary at a nice spot in the mountains by a lake with our family aged 7-76. Although we talked with friends who'd been there and looked extensively at the website in advance, we were not prepared for how gorgeous and well-maintained the 5500 acres of this 90-year-old property would be! Skytop definitely exceeded our expectations, not only with the elegant resort, but also for the wide range of activities and excellent service we found there. Skytop has a long tradition but also was quite modernized, with every possible amenity, including WIFI everywhere. Our family took up the four rooms of one of the cottages as well as a room in the Lodge. Our cottage rooms were interconnected and very comfortable and large. They and the Lodge room (somewhat smaller but very elegant!) had been updated just a few years ago, and ours even included a walk-in closet with a chest of drawers and full-length mirror! There were myriad acitivites offered. Our favorite was the Treetop Adventure which everyone really enjoyed, except our 7-yr-old who was too young to qualify. She instead went horseback riding with her dad and later conquered the climbing wall. A favorite activity for some was the Wibit inflatable play area in the lake, with climbing, jumping, and launching stations. Other things we enjoyed were golf, several really nice hikes, sunset kayaking, and paint ball target practice. We had fantastic buffet breakfasts at the Lodge each of our 5 days but branched out with dinners to the Lakeview Restaurant, Tap Room, and Windsor Room. The meals were not inexpensive but were generally very good, and the service was excellent in both dining rooms. The grounds were splendid, full of flowers and green spaces. There were outdoor games, rocking chairs on the terrace, afternoon cookies and lemonade, and Some-Mores by the fire at night, and the view from the Observation Deck was breath-taking! A shuttle is available to take one someplace far away on the property or in case of a downpour (thank goodness we only had a couple!) There were many things we didn't have time to try (crafts each day, a hike with Rick, Butterfly House, 2 swimming pools, lawn bowling, fishing, and more). We will just have to go back again some day! Skytop is not inexpensive, and there are additional fees for some of the more involved activities, but we found it to be well worth the investment for the quality received. Thank you for a wonderful anniversary celebration and for the extra surprises you gave us for the occasion! Skytop was a memory we will enjoy forever!

Room Tip: Cottages are great for extended family.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TheWeids

WOW!!! What a read! I was thrilled to see you had a chance to reconnect with Family and enjoy all of Skytop! Our goal is always to exceed expectations and it appears we had great success with you and your family. Let us continue to be a memory maker for you for years to come!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I was able to enjoy staying at the skytop lounge while attending a wedding in June. What a beautiful property, landscaping and building it is! Everyone who worked there was very nice and accommodating. It was a little fancy for my liking but I could still appreciate the service.

I like how it still felt historic with some updates. I enjoyed the little coffee shop inside. My bed was very comfortable. Some of the spaces were a little warm but I know how it goes trying to cool giant old buildings in the summer heat!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thanks very much for taking the time to write about your experiences. We hope to see you back soon!!! Think about the Fall, it's a great time to enjoy our cooler weather.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Our family just enjoyed a week at Skytop Lodge. What a grand facility, kind staff and peaceful place. Our room was quaint and the bed perfect. The food was top notch. We particularly enjoyed our hikes with Rick. Can't wait to go back in the winter!

Stayed: August 2018

Rick is Great and I appreciate you writing about your experience. Our culinary team will be thrilled to hear about your "Top Notch" comment!
Looking forward to your return.

-Jeff

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The hotel and it's property are beautiful but there were a number of things that I didn't care for. First, you have to pay for everything extra.... a row boat, a fishing pole, rock climbing, horse back riding, even the hotel historical tour... some activities with a fee are to be expected but we felt like we were constantly taking our wallet out. And it was all pricey in my opinion. There used to be complimentary coffee in the lobby, and now they put a coffee shop in it's location where you have to purchase it. They charged my husband for 2 water bottles at the front desk, where oddly enough my sister was handed 4 for free moments earlier. Frustrating.

The rooms were very nice and clean but TINY, even my 6 year old felt claustrophobic. Keep that in mind when selecting your room, as certain types are very spacious.

Food at the hotel was fine, but again, pricey! And thank goodness for the arcade being next to the downstairs restaurant bc we wouldn't have lasted 1 meal. We were traveling with a group including 10 children and all the food took forever to come out! We would order and head to the (again...pricey!!) arcade while we waited. Great strategy for the hotel.

The pool deck was scary slippery, I saw 2 people wipe out and hit their heads. My 3 y.o. nephew was walking slowly in front of me bc he just witnessed a fall and he went tumbling down! It was a bad scene. They definitely need to consider resurfacing the area. Needless to say that was our one and only pool trip, none of the kids wanted to go back!

They don't really encourage you to drive around the property but shuttles come fast and frequently.

Golf course was in good condition and very nice. The greens were a little slow but running smooth. A few blind shots.

Hiking and walking around the property is very serene, staff was friendly.

I would not go back with young children, there would be much more to do with kids 8+ in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family