1,064 results
All reviews delaware river golf course brew pub rocking chairs room restaurant great bear indoor pool river view brewery tour front porch breakfast buffet general store the delaware water gap jackie gleason beautiful resort fire pit the general manager
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Our two night October stay at $295. a night, breakfast included, would not have been a good value at half that price. Our room was dull, uninteresting. The platform bed made loud noises with any movement. The plumbing emitted high pitched sounds during the night. There were water marks on the wood flooring around the shower stall. The installation of the TV screen was slapdash. There was no working light to guide us to our unit in the pitch black dark. When we returned to our room at 2:45 in the afternoon, it had not been made up. We called housekeeping and were advised that the rooms were frequently not done until 5 or 6 P.M. Staff was then sent to our room to make the bed and replace towels. This took less than 10 minutes—nothing else was done to the bedroom or bath. Our first morning breakfast at the River Room had an abundance of choices, however, our individually prepared omelets were severely overcooked. We made out better the second morning with scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bacon and French toast. But the chairs in the River Room were grungy and in need of major cleaning. The green carpeting at one of the main stairway entrances was shabby and hadn't been vacuumed. We registered a complaint when checking out and the explanation we were given was "IT'S HARD TO GET HELP." We left Shawnee feeling disappointed and cheated. Shawnee is worn out, untidy and under-staffed. Shawnee has not responded to the letters about our experience; these were sent to the General Manager, the Marketing Director and the Proprietor. They have been in receipt of the letters for two & a half weeks which should be adequate time to respond. Email address and phone numbers were also given. Since they appear to not care about our dissatisfaction, I feel compelled to publish this uncomplimentary review.

3  Thank Skippack86
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Skippack86
Thank you for relaying your experience. No matter what happened it is NOT Shame on Shawnee, but shame on me. I apologize for the lack of communication and whatever occurred to delay our response. I remember reaching out to you immediately after your stay and you wrote to me that you had sent a letter detailing your experience.
After reading your post this morning I now have a copy of your letter and have reviewed your concerns and accolades.
I of course am reaching out to you in person. I will make no excuses for my tardiness or the issues you faced. We need to work smarter and communicate better with each other (and you of course)!
I know you are upset and you have every right to be. We do not want our guests to leave here upset and we have been in business over 100 years offering exceptional unique experiences to guests. I am so sorry we failed with you and you were able to leave here without a solution. Again, I apologize. It is on me and I hope to make it right.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Nice place - stayed one night. Pleasant front porch with rocking chairs. We could not get the TV remote to work, called front desk. A maintenance man was going to come, but no one arrived after 20 minutes, so we gave up and went to bed (after calling down to remove the request.) Nice grounds. The evening campfire was a nice added attraction. One could order different bed pillows.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tara B, Assistant General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you, NBS48, for sharing your Shawnee experience! We appreciate you choosing The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort for your relaxing one night getaway to the Pocono Mountains. Please visit us again soon to take advantage of the many activities and amenities we have on our resort grounds. Thank you for taking the time to share your review!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My Husband & I visited this Inn last weekend. It was so much fun. We arrived shortly before noon on a Sunday for the free beer tour at the Shawnee Brewing Co. located right next door. Free beer before and after the very informative tour. Free apples in the lobby of the hotel. They have a indoor pool and hot tub. Many activities to keep you busy or just relax on there very large veranda and watch the Delaware river. Our room had a king size bed with a great river view. I would recommend this resort to everyone.

Room tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tara B, Assistant General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Greetings queenan1!
Thank you for choosing to spend your Fall getaway at the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. What better way is there to begin a relaxing few days other than with a brewery tour at the resort you are staying at?! I am so glad you were able to join our tour and taste some of our delicious ShawneeCraft brews! Thank you for sharing your recommendation. We hope you visit Shawnee again for your next Pocono Mountains getaway.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had the most amazing experience Glamping at Shawnee. We were greeted by Rob the GM who had our bags taken to the campsite. We were then connected with Trevor who provided us our lifevests and canoe instructions for us to manage our own way down the river to our glamping site. We had an enjoyable time canoeing and seeing the Shawnee Inn from the water. Upon arrival at our glamping location, Arthur met us on the shore and helped us pull our canoe in. When we got to the glamping site there was a nice campfire already going and a table set up providing us water, beer, wine and fixings for S'mores. There are heaters in the tents for those chilly nights. Warm comfy beds and lavatories including a shower. Really it was nothing short of perfection. Being able to have the comforts of a regular hotel room in a tent out in the woods under the stars.... I feel spoiled. Not sure I'll ever be able to rough it again! :-) Thank you to everyone for making our stay there memorable.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tara B, Assistant General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Greetings NikkiLynne75!
Thank you for choosing the Island Glamping Experience at our historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the entire experience from our staff, to the canoe ride to the island, to cocktails and s'mores around the campfire, and to the comfort of your tent under the stars. There is definitely no reason to ever rough it again in the Pocono Mountains when you can glamp at Shawnee instead! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We can't wait to welcome you back again!
Best,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Also note that both Shawnee Inn general manager and Great Beat Golf club General Manager called to apologize. However, we wish both organization do a better job for the future customers.

1. When we arrived at around 7PM on 9/16, it seems both men at the front desk were not regular front desk staff joking with a guest. I wait a little and one man asked my last name and handed me 4 packets about the room. He did not give us any more instructions, no regular hotel greetings, no instructions where the access doors or elevators are to the rooms, no instructions about our package and breakfasts. So we had to come down again and ask around.
2. My room for 9/16 and 9/17 were full of bugs and quarter-sized moths in the bathroom and sinks. The water in the sink flow slowly.
3. We appreciated the cookies you prepared for us. But the cleaning staff did not clean the bugs in the bathroom. Also the cleaning staff might have stepped on the quarter-sized moths. The stains by the dead moth were unpleasant to see.
4. Some staff at the River Room were very friendly at breakfast serving us the coffee; however, our members were asked to pay for breakfast in the morning of 9/17. I had to show her the package details to resolve the issue.
5. As far as the bill, you may be surprised that at the end the total charge will be $2 per room on the total charge but there are no itemized description of what the $2 is. After complaining the discrepancy, the General Manager replied that it is $2 for water conservation that the check in staff should ask you when you check in. Unfortunately it is a default charge without description even the staff failed to ask or confirm upon your check in.

We played two golf course managed by Shawnee Inn Golf & Report:
 Great Bear Golf is included in “Stay and Play Great Bear Package”, we added Shawnee Inn Golf course (White/Blue) as additional round.

For the Stay and Play Great Bear Package, we also experienced very UNPLEASANT experience that, we think, other potential Shawnee Inn customers should be aware. The problem was that we booked TWO 8:30 tee times for both 9/17/2017 and 9/18/2017. Both days we felt that the package customers were treated unfairly.
a. On 9/17, we were told that we could go out to #10 tee at around 8:20 to get ready to play at 8:30 when we arrived around 8AM. But right before 8:20 when we were ready to go out, we were told that one group needs to be squeezed ahead of us. For this round, we have to wait every hole and we finished at almost 2PM while we were late for our afternoon tee times at 1:57PM and 2:06PM scheduled at Shawnee Golf Course. The pace for this round were 5.5 hours.
b. On 9/18, we also arrived at around 8AM and when we were ready to go out, we were then told that we have to finish our round by 11:30AM because they will have a 120 people tournament already scheduled to play at 12Noon. There were never a communication to us before or after we made the reservation TWO months ahead on 7/17/2017. If we were told before the trip, we can then reschedule or make another arrangement. Please explain if the package customers were treated unfairly and unreasonably?
c. On 9/17, we were late for our afternoon tee time at Shawnee Golf Course because of the delay at Great Bear Golf course, so I called ahead at around 12:30PM. I told the club house that we will be late, the gentleman answering the call promised that as long as we did out best to make it there. He will get us on the course. We did make it there at around 2:15PM. So we got on the round and played as fast as we can on WHITE and BLUE course. However, when we got to hole #17 and #18, there were 8 golfers ahead of us on the hole#17 and #18 messing around one by one and did not want to move ahead. We felt that your course management is very unprofessional for a regular golf player.

Room tip: Try not to stay in Room 302
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Shiow H
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Shiow H.
Thank you for your recognition of our urgency to repair the situation that occured for you and your guests. Your experience is very important to us and we are embarrassed (as I communicated with you earlier) about this. I do not want to make any excuses and of course we addressed the reason for some of these occurrences, but as I always tell the staff - these are just excuses. Please rest assured that all of these have been addressed with our staff. I know that Joe, the GM at Great Bear has reached out to you. Though we cannot take back some of the issues, we are dedicated to making them right and trying not to repeat them in the future. We hope to see you again at Shawnee.