“Ski lodge decor”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Shawnee River Village 2
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The units are two stories with a living room and fireplace, a large round dining table for 6, a small kitchen with few cupboards but all necessary appliances. You have to be a giant or use the step ladder provided in the cupboard to reach pots and pans and casserole dishes on a high shelf. There is a tiny, tiny 2 piece powder room off the living room that is smaller than an airplane toilet. The rooms are dark as they are in the treed woods. Ask for a unit with few stairs as some have 40+ steps up to the door! There is a screened in porch with chairs to relax on. Upstairs there is a queen bed with an ensuite and a bedroom with two double beds and a larger bathroom. No chairs in either and no mirrors in the 2nd bedroom and no clocks anywhere. The Shawnee resort is enormous with 700 units in several locations. River Village 2 is quite away from the reception area with the pool and activities so you need to drive there. There are lots of places to see, restaurants and shopping near but you need a car to get anywhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The buildings were close to the road with constant traffic noise. The rooms had a musty smell and ants were prevalent in the kitchen.

There were remanents from the last visitors so the cleanliness of the place was suspect.

The poconos are a beautiful place to visit but I would no reccomend the village 2 as your home base.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Old style two floor suites with room for up to 6. Decor was outdated but there were2 1/2 baths, dishwasher, and facilities nearby to wash clothes. We had some issues with bugs, spiders in bathroom and ants in kitchen. Close to golf and waterfalls. We had a good time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mamie L
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I met some of my family here to ski and for a reason to get together! I had not been to the Pocono area for about 20 years, so I was leery of what I might find... Turns out, the villa was what I had expected: clean, functional, very adequate for our stay. I expected it to be a little 'old', but that was fine! We arrived just after a huge storm, so the power was out in our unit area. The front desk provided us with a flashlight :-) and there were 2 others in the villa! My room looked just like the picture above, so no surprises. My Sis-in-law *loved* the pillows & beds were comfy. It was nice to have a discount on lift tickets & at other places. I don't know where the indoor pool or anything else was, but I guess I would have had to drive there, as things are pretty spread out. The river area is nice for jogging, and the DE Water Gap is great for hiking or going to the falls. We went to Digman's, b/c Bushkill is closed for the winter. (Worth the trip!) We had a relaxing time and would return (keep the Poconos alive!!).

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We were very pleased with our stay. Our villa was #107. Kitchen had everything we needed, coffee maker, microwave, dishes, stainless steel pots and pens. Rooms were super clean, quiet. Location is great plus we got almost 30% off on ski and lift tickets in Shawnee resort with our villa bracelets. We would love to be able to come back in summer since villas are located right by the Delaware river and beautiful nature. Thank you to the villa management. Beds are comfortable, pillows perfect. Receptionist politely apologized that there were 31 steps, so what? we were party of 8 on our late 30s and early 40s and kids flying up and down with no problem.
There are people that are impossible to please and if you are one of those you better stay home.

Room Tip: our villa was #107