All reviewsfront entrymain bathroomtwo double bedslaundry detergentreception areawould stay againnew york cityother resortsfamily vacationfireplacerepair
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The buildings were close to the road with constant traffic noise. The rooms had a musty smell and ants were prevalent in the kitchen.

There were remanents from the last visitors so the cleanliness of the place was suspect.

The poconos are a beautiful place to visit but I would no reccomend the village 2 as your home base.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Old style two floor suites with room for up to 6. Decor was outdated but there were2 1/2 baths, dishwasher, and facilities nearby to wash clothes. We had some issues with bugs, spiders in bathroom and ants in kitchen. Close to golf and waterfalls. We had a good time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Mamie L
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I met some of my family here to ski and for a reason to get together! I had not been to the Pocono area for about 20 years, so I was leery of what I might find... Turns out, the villa was what I had expected: clean, functional, very adequate for our stay. I expected it to be a little 'old', but that was fine! We arrived just after a huge storm, so the power was out in our unit area. The front desk provided us with a flashlight :-) and there were 2 others in the villa! My room looked just like the picture above, so no surprises. My Sis-in-law *loved* the pillows & beds were comfy. It was nice to have a discount on lift tickets & at other places. I don't know where the indoor pool or anything else was, but I guess I would have had to drive there, as things are pretty spread out. The river area is nice for jogging, and the DE Water Gap is great for hiking or going to the falls. We went to Digman's, b/c Bushkill is closed for the winter. (Worth the trip!) We had a relaxing time and would return (keep the Poconos alive!!).

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We were very pleased with our stay. Our villa was #107. Kitchen had everything we needed, coffee maker, microwave, dishes, stainless steel pots and pens. Rooms were super clean, quiet. Location is great plus we got almost 30% off on ski and lift tickets in Shawnee resort with our villa bracelets. We would love to be able to come back in summer since villas are located right by the Delaware river and beautiful nature. Thank you to the villa management. Beds are comfortable, pillows perfect. Receptionist politely apologized that there were 31 steps, so what? we were party of 8 on our late 30s and early 40s and kids flying up and down with no problem.
There are people that are impossible to please and if you are one of those you better stay home.

Room Tip: our villa was #107
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2017

After looking at reviews about property here it was almost exactly what we expected. The plan was to spend a week at the resort and use the facilities and take my family skiing for the first time. Check in was easy, they do pressure you to attend a Wyndham sales presentation. We are already a part of RCI weeks so we weren't very interested but agreed for the $75 gift card!!! More on that later. The resort facilities were great for the kids, gymnasium for games and open play and nice pool with shallow area and hot tub. We stayed in River Village 2, 2 bedroom unit. The unit was clean and had everything we needed for basic cooking and sleeping. Was some of the furniture older in nature, yes but it had a old school ski lodge feel for me. Beds, Kitchen and bathrooms were all clean. No complaints, exactly like we expected. All the complaints about stairs are a joke to me bc your in the mountains, walk allittle, live longer. If you dont want stairs, book a place in a high rise with an elevator! We had a great week, and the kids did great skiing for the first time. Already looking to book again for next winter.
Now we did sit for the sales presentation, big pressure to buy Wyndham points saying all week owners being left scraps...I will say this...with my RCI weeks I was able to book a week at this resort for $259. That same week booking thru Wyndham poins would have cost me a lot more!

Room Tip: If you updated/ modernized rooms book the NEW WYNDHAM CRESTVIEW, all others are older but completely functional.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family