“Elaine and Bernie Keep Climbing Those Mountains! Look out for Chillers, Alps!”
Review of Chillers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chillers
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Shamokin
Reviewed 2 October 2014

The owner and the worker are two of the MOST amazing people I have ever met. As were their former husbands, Bill and Greg. Aside from receiving the best soft serve ice cream you have ever (or will ever) tasted, you will also meet the acquaintance of the angels on earth who serve it to you, as well as amazing people hanging around outside to be less lonely and to spend their summer nights chit-chatting away.

As a teenager (many years ago) just growing into my own responsibilities. They taught me how to successfully run a stand in areas that aren't so populated, but better yet they did it with a smile and always making me, as well as many others feel right at home. They care about putting the customer first, not petty cash. That was possibly my favorite part of the job. You want a smiley face made with cherry halves? Sure! Let me see what I can do! Had others bothered to live under that principle the world would surely reap those rewards, and feel better about themselves in the future!

In years to come at many other companies I unfortunately found that this act of kindness was a rarity, and shook my head and dismay as so many workers fell to the "level" of the people they continuously kicked down.

But Chillers remains the same! And we are very, VERY grateful to have you, Elaine and Bernie! Thank you for not just your amazing friendship, product and hospitality, but also just for being the strong, amazing people we know and love. You are and will always be part of the family!

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We go to chillers several times a month. They have a nice selection of sundaes and Italian ice. The ice cream is creamy and thick, not ice milk like many other places. It is a walk-up counter but there is a picnic table off to the side.

2  Thank traveler17872

Been to Chillers? Share your experiences!