All reviews carriage house bed and breakfast each morning place to stay ohio towels
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Loved the clean rooms. They kept a beautiful old home and all the charm of it. Great breakfast each morning. Owner and staff were friendly. This is a gem of a place and we would love to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed for two nights this past weekend. The entire experience was very enjoyable. Richard, the innkeeper, was always available to answer any questions. Our room was enormous and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfasts were exceptional! I would highly recommend The Cozy Afghan.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor so there are many steps ! Fine for us but would be difficult for anyone with mobility issues.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I was looking for a place to stay midway between MD and the Niagra Falls we were heading up to. I found the Cozy Afghan and Richard was very nice and said we could just show up and there would be a room for us. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and our children stayed in the carriage house. It was for our wedding anniversary and it was quite romantic....we really had a wonderful time. The jacuzzi tub worked very well and seemed fine except it was fairly small. Jacuzzis are hard to find though in hotels so was grateful for it...they provide a wonderful, romantic, and relaxing experience.

The bathroom was nicely modernized..I would have liked to see an upgrade in the carpet of the room as it seemed pretty worn and honestly a bit gross. The wallpaper and decor seemed a bit atrocious also but in a somewhat charming sort of way. Nonetheless a female touch wouldn't hurt in redecorating decisions. In future stays, I would like to have amenities such as a coffee/tea pot in the room... perhaps sweet touches like cookies or chocolates to add to the rustic ambiance and make up for some of the above noted things.

Debbie was very gracious and as other reviews have said the breakfast was quite nice. We had apple french toast. It was served about 20 minutes later than we scheduled but the quality did make up for some of the wait time.Debbie even took pictures for us.

I met another guest in the kitchen which added to the charm and we had a nice chat.

The carriage house was okay for the kids, very basic..I did tell Richard when I was arriving but found the door locked and had to call him to come and open it. Also I almost slipped and fell on the ice as I got out of the car. He did apologize and said he would salt more..also was icy the next AM in the parking lot.

All in all, not sure if I would stay here again but do not regret staying here. It has a very beautiful sitting area with lots of beautiful wood.

Room Tip: I liked the jacuzzi suite for the jacuzzi of course-it is pricier but we were splurging for our anniversary..
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2015

What a wonderful experience staying at the Cozy Afghan last week! Richard greeted me sharing the history of the home; built by blue collar workers for a butcher. The fireplace and staircase are Gorgeous and evidence of a time gone by in home construction details. The room was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. It was quiet and peaceful; great night sleep.
I had to leave bright an early and Debbie accommodated by serving my breakfast at 6:45a, a smile on her face! Without my even asking somehow Debbie knew I wanted the stuffed French toast for breakfast; delicious, what a treat! We had a lovely conversation while I ate; she is so kind and welcoming.
Slept great again! Next morning Debbie made sourdough bread french toast and perfectly prepared scrambled eggs.
This place is charming and the staff are super accommodating and kind.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2015

My husband and I came up here to see the elk in Benezette, and it was only 25 minutes away. We have never stayed at Bed & Breakfast before. We stayed here for 1 night and were very pleased with the room, the house and the staff. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We enjoyed our French toast breakfast! Thanks for everything, go Steelers!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple