All reviewstypical hiefresh pancakesearly risersroom was cleanturkey sausagestayed for two nightsthe breakfast areaparking lotevery morningfront desk staffplace to sleepyogurthotel staffup to dateelklobbycomfort
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Breakfast was amazing on Saturday, Robin was warm and friendly while keeping the breakfast area stocked and clean. She made us feel very important. However, on Sunday although the food was still delicious a different staff member did not have items stocked and was not keeping the area clean. The grounds and room were clean and well kept and the front desk staff and housekeeping were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: rooms on the front side of the hotel have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Linda C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for your excellent feedback. Robin is one fantastic worker, always on top of everything she does. We have trained her in all areas of the hotel and she does great everywhere as well as with our guests.We hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Nice, typical HIE. Staff at reception is friendly and well versed on local attractions. Usual breakfast offering but available hotter than usual. 24 hour coffee as well as afternoon cookies available. Uphill access to hotel needs significant improvement. Chain pizzeria within easy walking distance (about half way down the hill) but recommend Rick's Dough Boys in town (about 2.5 km) ask front desk for a menu. Couple of blocks away, to the left as you exit the drive, is a beer store with a nice selection of craft beers (pick up on your way back from Rick's! )

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and yes Ricks Dough Boys is excellent. We do lunch there alot as they deliver to us also. We hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

So my last review of this hotel was 5 years ago, and at that time it was branded as a Comfort Inn. For that reason, and the fact that accommodations in St Mary's are limited, a second chance was in order. This time I was not disappointed. Now for me, when I travel, I prefer to book Hampton Inns, and because they always exceed my expectations, they are my basis for all my hotel reviews. I feel like cleanliness is the the number one criteria that needs to be met, and the common areas and my room were very clean. I ALWAYS pull down the beds to exam them and everything was fresh. The pool was open, clean and warm enough to swim in. The breakfast area was clean, and the food was 'ok'. I would have preferred some variety in the yogurt flavors, and I like to add fresh fruit and granola to my yogurt which neither were available. (By fresh fruit I mean some options of berry's, cantaloupe, strawberry...diced fresh fruit) However they do provide bananas, oranges and apples. There is a selection of dried cereals and oatmeal. They offer some hot foods, but both days were the same, scrambled eggs, veggie egg white omelets, sausage and turkey sausage. They have a neat little pancake machine that makes fresh pancakes. However, the cinnamon rolls....VERY good! There was always fresh coffee and hot water available for tea.
The staff was all very friendly. I didn't get her name, but the breakfast attendant on Sat March 24th, was very nice, and kind to my mother. Momma has dementia and can tend to repeat some questions multiple times, but she was good with her and answered each time like it was the first time. So a thank you very much to her...hope this gets back to her! Now I personally chose to stay in room 217. It is right outside the elevator, so noise was expected. Also, I wanted a handicapped accessible room for momma, however the only ones available was a single bed, and that wasn't going to work for us. I don't know if they had two bed accessible and none were available that night. If they don't I strongly recommend that make provisions for one. The beds were OK, but a little on the hard side for my liking.
My only real complaint is the lack of 'roominess' in the room. If someone was sitting at the desk, you could not get between them and the bed to walk across the room.
Overall, I can say Holiday Inn, did a great job revamping the hotel, and a previously disappointing review from me.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Linda C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking time to complete another survey on our Holiday Inn this time. We are pleased with the complete remodel as well. As for our breakfast items we do carry all required items per our brand. I would love the fresh fruit also but I know with buying it for myself and my family it is quite expensive, None the less very good and good for us. The breakfast Attendant has been made aware of this as well as we print our reviews for our entire staff to read to see if there is anything that we could do as a team to improve our hotel. Yes our rooms with 2 beds do seem alot smaller as for there are 2 double beds instead of 1 king bed and then the furniture. All of our handicap rooms are king beds. I am sorry that we do not have any with 2 beds. We do have king suite however that is a larger room with a pull out sleeper sofa also. Again Thank You for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Check-in and out was quick, efficient, friendly. Room was extremely clean and well kept. However there was an odd odor, was thinking it might be from a previous smoking guest, but the hotel is smoke free. Bed was very hard. Overall a good experience though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The odor is hard to say as for ot could have been our cleaners, maybe the PTAC unit but smoking no as for the rooms if they are smoked in they are put out of order deep cleaned & carpet shampooed. As for our beds they are 3 years old and serta pillow top sleepers. Again thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Our king suite living room/kitchen area included a sofa and coffee table, bar sink, microwave and fridge. Cupboards contained a few essentials - can opener, micro au gratin dish and disposable table ware. A privacy screen separated the living area from the bed space, which had a desk and lap desk, two easy chairs and Frank Lloyd Wright inspired bedside lamps. Four huge mirrors would be appreciated by a girls' traveling team. There is an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center and hot beverage bar in the lobby. A Pizza Hut is right next door in the adjacent parking lot.

Room Tip: Choose from a view of a forested hill out the back or overlooking the town from the front.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for your great feedback. We are so pleased with the scores as well. I have printed your response out for my staff to read as well. We hope that we can be of assistance to you in the future. Have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays.