“Good Japanese Food”

Samurai Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This restaurant has reasonably authentic Japanese food. We had Steamed Shrimp Shumai, Agetofu, and Sashimi Appetizer along with two sushi rolls that were a little "loose" in their preparation. I had an excellent martini and the of course some good sake. Each part of the meal was satisfactory although we have had some sauces more to our liking. The service was adequate and the atmosphere was nothing special. The food is worth the visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Samurai is great for anything! I actually visited there for my birthday and ordered Roe and Unagi (eel) sushi, it was some of the best food I have ever eaten!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Visited for the first time in many years. Very prompt and attentive service. Two of the three maki roll dishes were a bit dull although some soy sauce, ginger and wasabi livened up the flavors.

We will be back!

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Samurai is our go-to spot for sit-down sushi on this part of the Main Line. The fish is always incredibly fresh, the pieces well-made, the wait from the time of ordering to the sushi being served is never long *plus* Samurai has the Saporro beer my crew enjoys and a very good Chardonnay for me.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

This was an ok place to eat Japanese food but nothing was exciting or very tasty. In addition, we seemed to have waitstaff who could not be helpful with respect to allergy issues. The manager finally did help sort those issues out but this was not a good dining experience.