All reviews splash pad bathrooms and showers camp store great weekend cable tv pine cradle lake nice lake fifth wheel internet service the staff was friendly and helpful pool motorhome
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We love Pine Cradle! We go every year for their Halloween weekend. The staff is very nice and helpful. Campground is always very clean. Other campers are very nice. They always have things for the kids to do. We can't ever say enough nice things about this campground. We are always very sad to leave.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Stayed in a deluxe cabin. The Campground is a beautiful and extremely clean. Our deluxe cottage was pristine. I love the screened in porch. I appreciated the family oriented atmosphere. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and made us feel very special. I visited the Bath Houses to check them out, and was so impressed at how clean they were. You can sure tell that they take pride in their facility. Will definitely visit again. Will highly recommend it to all of our camping friends. Thanks for a GREAT weekend.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann V
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We liked the campground so much last year that we made another trip again this year (Labor Day weekend). Stayed there with my wife, girls (now 8 and 13), dog, and two cats.

So if you read my last review of this campground it provides the highlights. Beautiful location, gravel roads, sites on the 'other' side of the lake are spacious, a number of activities available, friendly staff, friendly campers, very clean restrooms - which are individual showers (one person in the room) which I like... The list goes on.

They made some improvements since last year that were noticeable. New ball field, volleyball court, cemented the floor of the covered pavilion, got rid of the items 'hidden' in the woods. I had mentioned power fluctuations - but I was reading between 112 and 116 volts this year at all times. Had a great time there - no complaints at all.

It would be nice to have some different activity types (maybe some arts/crafts for the kids), would love some walking trails (they may do that in the future on neighboring property), wifi, better shuffleboard course, some additional landscaping. Again - minor items. They are continuing to enhance the property yearly. I will say that some of the seasonal campers are pretty close together and older - but that is not the part we stay in.

Not sure how much is in the immediate area to do, but I suspect there are some things within a reasonable drive. We stay on site for the weekend. Bingo, washerboard, kickball, volleyball, yard sale...lots of things to keep you busy....or not if you choose. A great place to kick back and just enjoy the time there.

Make sure you take the hayless hayride - sit on the driver side (ie if it were a car). We were there just after dusk on a beautiful night. The lights across the lake and reflection of them were beautiful.

Would recommend - going there again next year. Site 323 is great (as last year), as well as site 220 (which was already reserved...).

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Driving up to this campground I felt I was in a time warp- which led us to a simpler time where folks are super friendly, the air cleaner, and lifestyle much slower. We loved the lake and pool (although pool is a bit small). The grounds are extremely clean and all sites are well maintained. We rented a bare bones cabin, and it was adequate for us. Exactly as in the website. There seemed a lot of retired folks as seasonals, and they were very friendly. We did not see any "riff raff" blaring loud music, using profanities and partying all night. This is truely a FAMILY campground! Quiet hours are respected and this was the first time we booked another cabin before we even checked out...highly recommended! Make sure you go to the lake at night and see the stars because it is amazing!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Surfergirl1969
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We tagged along with some great friends who camp here every year...we were blown away at the hospitality, cleanliness, sites, and neighborly atmosphere. Sites are spacious, some with decks or patios. You're not stacked like French fries! Pool and splash-pad were clean and enjoyable. All bathroom and shower facilities were spotless- no dirt, no mildew, no spiders. Everything had a fresh coat of paint! This campground even hosts weddings at a pretty pergola with a tiny chapel in the background. Picturesque! Only tiny gripe is the camp store is pretty limited, so pack for your needs.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family