“Nice anniversary dinner”

Frank & Diannah's Arbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 320 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine food and service in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Eclectic menu. Full Bar including international wines and microbrew beers on tap.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We went here because it was rated very high on trip advisor and we had been here years ago. We had our anniversary dinner there and the prices are very reasonable. Food was great and had some nice specials. They don't take reservations for parties under 4 people or maybe it's 5, can't remember. But since it was just the two of us, we had to hope that it wasn't full the night we went. I must admit, I always get a Bombay Sapphire Gin martini and I usually pay out the nose for the martini but here it was good and it was a reasonable price. I had a curry dish and my husband had a jerk chicken or shrimp dish. Both were wonderful. Definitely check this place out.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Can't find good escargot in the area. Talked with Frank about it and he said they could. It was excellent. The best ever. This restaurant does not disappoint. Talissa (Sorry for misspelling) is the best waitress ever.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stopped in for this Hamburger night that I heard so much about! Fantastic is the word! I ordered the house burger and it was tender, made right and delicious. My wife substituted her fries for a vegetable and I went the original! A generous portion of fries!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

It is a small and unassuming, but set up nicely. We went on a Thursday which is burger night and yes we did get burgers which were super as far as burgers go. The menu is varied and the reactions from the people were all making me want to have different meals. We are going back again this week for some of the pasta dishes. We sat at the bar and it was packed early. The restaurant dining room was empty when we arrived at 5:30 but full by 6:30. They have a wide selection of beer and nice wines which made the two of us very happy. The files were thick and crunchy and the arugula salad was great. Service was perfect despite the crowd and everyone chips in so things move along nicely.
I would recommend going a little early on a Thursday. From what I hear they are pretty busy most nights. It's very reasonably priced for the meal.

1  Thank Dale M
Reviewed 13 September 2017

And, open a marvelous intimate restaurant called Frank & Diannah's Arbor Inn to delight us.

The $10 "Arbor Burger" plate is the hook - truly the best hamburger you will ever have (comes with fries or a salad or vedge) and then once you are "in the house" you will be charmed by the friendly atmosphere: other diners, bartender, waitstaff and especially Frank, your host. He wants to know how you like the food and he takes it personally. Diannah is busy cooking in the kitchen and he needs to know. The craft beer selection is great and everything EVERYTHING is great. Try the Puree of wild mushroom soup if it is on the menu... Oh man.

This is not a budget restaurant. Got that. However, this may well be the most reasonably priced restaurant run by two Culinary Institute of America - trained chefs in the northeast. Like the sign outside says "Try our Arbor Burger on Thursdays".

You'll love it.