“Picking up supper”

Screpesi's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #20 of 316 Restaurants in Reading
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Always get the Italian on hard roll best around, used to live 10 minutes away now live 35 minutes away for three years and still drive to get an Italian or the best ham and cheese.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Cozy little place with a hometown atmosphere. Their Italian is right on. Very good food with a good price.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

My wife and I used to go to Screpesi's for many years, until we moved 20 miles away, 16 years ago. We noticed that some of the sandwich shops near wear we live now, had started going downhill in their quality, lately. So, this evening I decided to make the drive back to Reading and give them a try after all these years.

It was well worth the drive. My wife's Italian Hoagie, and my Ham & Cheese Hoagie were wonderful! The best we've had in quite some time. The super fresh rolls were loaded with really good quality meats, and the crispest, freshest veggies. And, when I say loaded, I mean LOADED. I know each hoagie weighed well over a pound, and they were delicious as well as very fairly priced.

Another couple of pluses...they have A-Treat Sodas by the can, and also have slices of Wixon's Shoe Fly Pie.

It was definitely worth the drive, and they've going to become our regular sandwich shop.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Screpesi's has been around forever and has now moved closer to me. They're sandwiches are amazing, soft or hard rolls. However, on ordering pizza from them for the first time we were disappointed. Much like frozen pizza. So, order the sandwiches and skip the pizza.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Screpesi's is an amazing little sandwich shop tucked away were you wouldn't expect it. The food is always fresh (including all ingredients on any sandwich) but especially especially the bread and buns. The ham and cheese, tuna or turkey and cheese are must-try sandwiches. Don't pass by this place because it looks like a hole in the wall, it truly is not! Very affordable and great food for a family owned business for years!!!

Been to Screpesi's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!