“Great Food but somewhat lukewarm service”
Review of Estia Taverna

Estia Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Estia Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Radnor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018

A lively venue in a suburban place for midweek - which somewhat surprised me and also encouraged me. The food that I ordered was sumptuous and tasty - crab cake (careful - an appetizer being served entrée size) and lamb chops. Whilst the food was great the service provided by our waiter was not welcoming and overbearing. Hence the 4 star!! My other guests had fish dishes that also enjoyed - SWORDFISH SOUVLAKI and HALIBUT. The total cost for food only for 3 people was $230 plus tip. So a little expensive in my view given its location out of town.

It took 50 mins to drive from the centre of Philadelphia in the evening.

Plenty of parking space at the venue.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Very nice meal at Estia, a nice Greek restaurant with great atmosphere. Staff was friendly and supplied good service, although our waiter Julian, who did a great job, seemed to be working a few to many tables. There were times he just seemed to be running between tables, there was plenty of support staff to remove plates and fill water glasses, but he seemed to be serving to many tables.

The food was very good, we started with the Greek Salad and the Tuna Tartare. The tuna over avocado was excellent possibly the best Tuna Tartare I've had. My wife had the fish Karavidea which she said was very good, I had the chicken over yogurt orzo which was cooked perfectly and was enjoyable. My wife finished with the chocolate cake was was also very good.

We would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Am a huge fan of the Estia in center city philly. And while the atmosphere and feel of the suburban location is nothing close to the original, the food and service are just a good. Place is super noisy and was hard to have a discussion or even hear over the din, but the food is worth it in any case. Not sure I will return as I am so crazy about the one downtown and my favorite server, Saki, is there, but you cant go wrong with Estia in Radnor in any case.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Estia continues to be a favorite place for lunch or dinner. The atmosphere truly replicates an authentic Greek taverna and is bright, open and airy. The food and service are exceptional. The menu is large so we shared in order to try more items. The special Greek lemon soup was creamy and delicious, the best I've ever eaten. The Mediterranean spreads with pita were great, especially the lemony Fava. Even the toasted bread was warm and delicious - hard to resist. The Estia chips were the biggest hit - very thinly sliced, crispy and warm. We all enjoyed our entrees, the large kale salad, the lobster linguine, the swordfish souvlaki, and the organic chicken.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

There's an Estia in Philly,but who wants to pay for parking and stress out about the general environment there when you can make a quick trip to Radnor-food is the same-get the eggplant and zucchini chips with tzatziki dip-great for starters and come hungry-you will have plenty to eat!

Been to Estia Taverna? Share your experiences!