“Worst customer service ever.”

White Oak Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quarryville
White Oak Campground
Reviewed 13 August 2015

As a New Yorker, when I go to Pennsylvania I always meet people who are so nice. Not so at this camp site. When we first went inside to check in the lady was rude right from the start. It was very clear they give preference to certain people who come there. I saw another couple checking in and the same lady who was rude to us told that couple if they didn't like the campsite they were at, they could switch to a different spot. However, when we got to our campsite, it was filled with tree roots and uneven. She gave us such a hard time changing our campsite. She was saying all the other ones were taken. So I guess it's only certain people who get accomodated and not others. The other incident where they were rude was when my sister-in-law asked for directions to a walmart in the area. The lady told her "maybe this campground isn't quite suited to your needs". The grounds were quite and the bathrooms were clean and everything, but to me customer service is everything. When I have to deal with nasty people when I'm paying them to stay at their place, and they're giving preferential treatment to some guests and not others, that is not a place I stay at again.

Room Tip: I guess you have to know somebody or else they put you wherever they feel like.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Cynthia V

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Very pleasantly surprised with our stay at White Oak! I believe it was booked almost to capacity - but it was quiet and all campers were clean, friendly and respectful. A great choice for families and couples. The WIFI service was poor. The bathroom was clean, but could use updating.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AuntieMeg
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

This campground is just the type we like. It's out from town a few miles yet close enough for church, restaurants, and touristy things to do. They have shady sites and clear, sunny sites. Thee is an unusually large, nice swimming pool! Far nicer than most campgrounds. It is large and figure "8" shaped. Lovely if your family would enjoy the pool that would be reason enough to stay here. We went into Lancaster Market in about 25 minutes, 5 minutes to the Toy Train Museum, and 10 minutes to Bird-in-Hand. We wee in a very wooded site, slept with the windows open, and heard the birds singing every morning as if we were in a State Park. There is wireless available, but it never functioned quickly during our stay, so we used our own JetPak. The only reason I gave the park a four instead of a five is because of poor wireless and the sites were a bit uneven. Everyone around us was using leveling blocks of some kind. But, the roads are paved, the sites are gravel, and there is a lot of grass throughout. Really a lovely park. I did not observe the restrooms.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Celia T
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our maiden voyage with our new Travel Trailer, and since winter does not want to end we decided to dry camp and use the facilities. White Oak staff was very accommodating with us and we where able to use the bathrooms located behind the General Store; was a quick walk from our campsite. Bathroom facilities were a bit dated but workable. We stayed in site #7 along the front row of the property offering an amazing view of mountains, as well as local farms and the roadside where many Amish Buggies were visible. Kids loved being located next to the playground. Only issue we had was the sites are very close together and did not have much room between them. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a month, Most of the RVs are set on blocks permanantly. Tool sheds, and junk piles all thru the place. We had to try 3 different sites before we could get close to level.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 15thanniversaryhurst

Been to White Oak Campground? Share your experiences!