See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2017

It is a very quiet resort and buildings are far from one another! It is a Wyndham run resort and at times there are inconsistencies amongst their inventory of properties. We did not know what to expect due to the various feedbacks we came across but here it is our take.
The resort looks a bit tired at the onset and no doubt some kind of updates are needed, even fresh paint and décor at check in. It feels a lot like the motel 6 and choice hotels type setup...not overly attractive to my wife. The common has a big pool, indoor basket ball court, game room and social areas but lay out is awkward at best!
My wife totally dislikes the old stain wood doors and window and door frames in our unit, and the kitchen counter still has the not so healthy ceramic tile counter top.
There is a huge Jacuzzi tub in our ensuite but a bit dated and all the jet outlets are heavily mineral deposited. The front entrance, foyer has stick on vinyl tiles instead of ceramic tiles, and it is really not a good setup with so much moisture coming in and out especially in the winter season. There is a wood burning fireplace and frankly it is not what we would like to do in 2017 to bring in wood and trying to start a fire...a gas one will be much more desirable!
We are owners with Wyndham and not overly impressed by the resort but all in all our stay has been pleasant. The unit is kept relatively clean, and the bedding looks fresh. Everything is functional. They try to operate the place efficiently and economically but anything we needed, they provided after we call the front desk, i.e. dish soap, shampoo, clothes washer and dish washer soap, salt and pepper etc. We feel safe and there is security patrolling the site regularly.
There is however an endearing quality about the resort and I cannot say that we will not come back again but hopefully they will have more updates done by then!

Room tip: Ask for a most recently renovated unit!
Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank Tsangs53
Reviewed 22 July 2016

the house was very nice, comfortable for our family of 5. The kitchen was great to cook in, had good counter space. beds were comfortable, everything was clean, and the porch was nice. we enjoyed being able to barbecue and spend time outdoors and it was convenient to all the things we wanted to do. we also played miniature golf and used pool/hot tub. My [parents are going in the fall since we enjoyed it so much. will definetly stay there again.

Room tip: all the houses have a good view- very much in nature
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2015

unfortunately my father is the kind of person who admires the nature
we have been to shawnee village 3 times , first was on 2007 second was on 2011 and third was on 2013

and to be honest all was a nightmare to me :(, me and my 5 siblings and my mother was complaining all the time

old furniture , old plates and spoon , and the carpet when you walk on it you feel like it's greasy and sticky :"( the pillows are retired the tv is vintage :D

i even showered in an abnormal Bathtub which look like a huge bucket , it was the first and last time to me to see this bathtub i'm not sure if i could call it a bathtub or a BUCKET ?

the villa is quite big , but there is like a bunch of bugs :O , i just left my chocolate for 2 minutes then came back to find a trip of ant enjoying my chocolate , not that my bed was full of ants because they were searching for another piece of Reeses . The first thing i bought from the supermarket was Raid the bug killer spray i walked with the spray all the time :D , to much spiders and to much ants .

the comforter was dirty and i'm sure no one washed it :d so imagine the feeling when you sleep and you are not sure what kind of germs is over you .

the reception is far away from the villa , there is nothing near you so you will use the car all the time , i think the place is good in winter for those who want to ski because i one been there on summer

to be fair the service is fast and great if i order a blanket it would be 5 minutes then i get them and even if i need something to be fixed they immediately send someone so i give them 5/5 for the service

but for the cleanliness 0/5

so if you are used to the luxury hotels DON'T YOU EVER THINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT PLACE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY i really hate all that trips because of that place we even fought with my father because of this:(

I WILL NEVER COME BACK NEVER EVER

Room tip: ask for the new villas not the old
Date of stay: October 2014
2  Thank Nrrr90
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The units are dirty, pulled back my daughters bed the sheets had hair, a dirty sock, and bed bugs! THere were dishes in the dishwasher, carpets and floors were filthy. Called the desk staff they moved our room and didn't offer an apology. I wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2012
14  Thank Pam K
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We just returned from a weekend at Shawnee Ski Mountain. We traded a week through Interval International for this. It was very disappointing except for the spaciousness. The carpets are old and stained. The vinyl floor was coming up in the kitchen. The kitchen appliances were old and dirty. The cookware was rusted and scratched.. The blankets in the 2nd bedroom were old and worn and one had vomit on it!!!!! Our condo was at the very top of a hill with steep steps. No one cleaned the steps until after 11am and that was because we called and complained. Unlike most vacations we trade for with Interval, there was no midweek housekeeping and a charge for towel exchange. There was a washer and dryer, but no detergent and no dishwashing detergent. The heating system had a very loud clanking noise every time it was on. This happened all day and night so it was a very disturbing sleep. It also appears that this is a rental neighborhood with a few timeshare units because there were definitly some units that appeared to be lived in full time. Some sketchy tenants as well. I am surprised that Interval International puts this on their list for trades. Very disappointing!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: January 2012