See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2015

unfortunately my father is the kind of person who admires the nature
we have been to shawnee village 3 times , first was on 2007 second was on 2011 and third was on 2013

and to be honest all was a nightmare to me :(, me and my 5 siblings and my mother was complaining all the time

old furniture , old plates and spoon , and the carpet when you walk on it you feel like it's greasy and sticky :"( the pillows are retired the tv is vintage :D

i even showered in an abnormal Bathtub which look like a huge bucket , it was the first and last time to me to see this bathtub i'm not sure if i could call it a bathtub or a BUCKET ?

the villa is quite big , but there is like a bunch of bugs :O , i just left my chocolate for 2 minutes then came back to find a trip of ant enjoying my chocolate , not that my bed was full of ants because they were searching for another piece of Reeses . The first thing i bought from the supermarket was Raid the bug killer spray i walked with the spray all the time :D , to much spiders and to much ants .

the comforter was dirty and i'm sure no one washed it :d so imagine the feeling when you sleep and you are not sure what kind of germs is over you .

the reception is far away from the villa , there is nothing near you so you will use the car all the time , i think the place is good in winter for those who want to ski because i one been there on summer

to be fair the service is fast and great if i order a blanket it would be 5 minutes then i get them and even if i need something to be fixed they immediately send someone so i give them 5/5 for the service

but for the cleanliness 0/5

so if you are used to the luxury hotels DON'T YOU EVER THINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT PLACE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY i really hate all that trips because of that place we even fought with my father because of this:(

I WILL NEVER COME BACK NEVER EVER

Room tip: ask for the new villas not the old
Date of stay: October 2014
2  Thank Nrrr90
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The units are dirty, pulled back my daughters bed the sheets had hair, a dirty sock, and bed bugs! THere were dishes in the dishwasher, carpets and floors were filthy. Called the desk staff they moved our room and didn't offer an apology. I wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2012
14  Thank Pam K
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We just returned from a weekend at Shawnee Ski Mountain. We traded a week through Interval International for this. It was very disappointing except for the spaciousness. The carpets are old and stained. The vinyl floor was coming up in the kitchen. The kitchen appliances were old and dirty. The cookware was rusted and scratched.. The blankets in the 2nd bedroom were old and worn and one had vomit on it!!!!! Our condo was at the very top of a hill with steep steps. No one cleaned the steps until after 11am and that was because we called and complained. Unlike most vacations we trade for with Interval, there was no midweek housekeeping and a charge for towel exchange. There was a washer and dryer, but no detergent and no dishwashing detergent. The heating system had a very loud clanking noise every time it was on. This happened all day and night so it was a very disturbing sleep. It also appears that this is a rental neighborhood with a few timeshare units because there were definitly some units that appeared to be lived in full time. Some sketchy tenants as well. I am surprised that Interval International puts this on their list for trades. Very disappointing!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: January 2012
4  Thank chicshe
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I can't believe Wyndham would put its name on the Depuy Village Villas. We LOVE Wyndham resorts, but this was pitiful! No ice maker, dirty, and smelly. I felt like we went back in time 25 years. Wyndham should be embarassed!

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank TheCozyCouple
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Girlfriends getaway. We were disappointed, the first villa we were given when we opened the door it was a mildew smell. The furniture was worn and the carpets had to be the original when the villa was built. They changed our villa and the 2nd one was just a step up from the last. We made due but these villas need to be renovated, everything is old. The showerhead would only go in one direction (on top of your head) and you had to stand to the side because you could not stand back from the shower. The tv's were small 19 inch, you had to pay for wifi. The pull out bed did not have sheets, we had to use blankets (that were old and dingy). I would never go to Shawnee resort again. The owners should renovate this place.

Date of stay: November 2010