“Quaint and Delicious!”

La Palapa
Ranked #544 of 2,427 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Reviewed 27 December 2014

A coworker and I tried this on our lunch break a week or two ago. Another guy from work said it was the best Mexican around, I can't say that he was wrong! We both loved what we ordered. We were the only customers in the restaurant so our service was exceptional. Try the queso and the burrito steeler. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit here. It's a small place on Carson street, BYOB, and very casual.

This time we had chips and green salsa (the green salsa is awesome! Recommended!) and everyone at our table had enchiladas. The chicken with green sauce was my favorite but the beef and red sauce and cheese with red sauce were also good. The enchilada platters are served with rice and pinto beans. We also had churros after dinner. The bill for 4 of us and all of that food was less than $60. The menu here has many Mexican restaurant standards and it seems like there is something for everyone.

Our server was sassy and friendly and we all had a good time. I hope to visit La Palapa soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We finally tried this place. What a wonderful spot. Everything was so fresh and authentic. We loved the tamales and chorizo. It is lovely to find a place that serves Mexican food going beyond the standard fare. The staff are attentive and knowledgable. I will be back again and again.

We were too stuffed for dessert, but took flan home for later. It was wonderful. BYOB is nice too. Made for an inexpensive date night.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

fairly new and undiscovered. Having previously lived in S CA, we miss good Mexican food. loved the quality and the menu. Not your normal taco place, but true authentic Mexican cuisine.

the shrimp/squid app was to die for, except it was a very low cal, no fat, with lemon and cilantro. we tried their get to know us plate for two.

Yes to all except one item

great empanadas, Pollo Assado, and the pork. Wow Just wow.

also a WOW salsa, not fit for queasy gringos.

AND IT IS BYOB.

It will be a regular for us.