“Perfect for drinks and apps!”

Ibiza Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #896 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Description: Ibiza Tapas & Wine bar was one of the first few tapas places to open in Pittsburgh. We offer a large selection of cold & hot tapas on a regular basis as well as different specials on Friday & Saturday. Full dinner entrees are also on the menu. With 60 different wines, we are able to satisfy many of the serious wine drinker. Wines can be enjoyed by the glass or through a variety of flight. Our bartenders will be more than happy to help you make a selection. The architecture of the building creates & enjoyable dining atmosphere. Our year round patio with elegant lighting & a romantic water fall is the perfect place for a romantic dinner or to just enjoy the night out with friends. Through out the winter months the patio is covered & heated. Every month we hold a different wine dinner party. With a different region covered each month – you can enjoy the pairing of different foods & wines for a memorable experience.
Reviewed 21 November 2014

I love this place for tapas. I know its a tapas bar and that sounds rather redundant but I love their food. You should go here. They also have an excellent selection of Malbec wines.

1  Thank Brittany P

Reviewed 14 October 2014

We had been craving Spanish cuisine as it had been months since our visit to Iberico Spanish Bistro in La Jolla, CA. It was a Thursday night, not too busy, so we were seated quickly. There is a nice waterfall in the back dining room where were seated. Our waiter Juanito was very helpful and provided excellent recommendations. We began with a pitcher of red sangria ($24.95), which was fantastic. For appetizers we had the Gambas al Ajillo (garlic shrimp, $10) and Sopa Catalana with pork ($8). I had the former and my companion the latter. We both liked our choices. For the entree, she had the Petuga de Pato (duck; $25) and I had the Salmon Escalfado ($19). Both entrees were very good and we would order them again. For dessert we shared the Crème Brûlée ($7) and that was one of the best ever. Overall, the food was wonderful and we will certainly go back. The only real downside was that on Thursdays they have an all you can eat Mussels special ($7), which my date was excited about, but because we had a coupon we were not allowed to enjoy this special. In fact, they seem to have a lot of rules regarding coupons or groupons etc, which makes them seem petty. They would be better off just not accepting them period rather than providing excuses (I have read this complaint by others on this site too). The other slightly annoying point was the people wearing caps and jerseys and being a bit too loud (I was under the impression that Ibiza was more business casual). But overall, it was a great dinner and delicious sangria and we will return at some point.

1  Thank Anthony K
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Ibiza was previously one of our favorite restaurants in Pittsburgh. However, when we visited last week, something had definitely changed. Our waitress told us to begin with that the menu had changed, and I'm pretty sure they severely cut back on the number of items listed on the menu. I like going to tapas restaurants, because there are typically so many things to pick from. However, I felt they left the most expensive items on the menu, and they weren't even items I would normally pick. They also usually have a very large list of specials. This time, they only maybe had 5-6 specials, and almost all of them involved duck! Well, if you don't like duck, you're out of luck. Did they just have a bunch of duck left from the night before that they needed to get rid of? That's what I was thinking. My husband and I only ended up ordering 3 things, and then ordered desert because we were still hungry. Although our waitress was OK, I really don't feel like the service is as good as it once was. I heard the waitress at the table next to us forget that they were there, then she messed up a bunch of their order. Not sure what's happened here in the last few months. We will probably give it one more try to see if it gets any better, and if it doesn't we won't be returning.

Reviewed 28 September 2014

It opens at 4 pm, so it's all about drinks and dinner....They have a selection of tapas, and other delicious dishes ( risotto, onion soup, cheese selection)..They did not have the jamon serrano croquettes they advertised in the online menu, but we were happy with the alternatives...Their prices are not as scary as next door Mallorca

Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

Have been going to this place ten years and still love it. They did refuse to acknowledge a coupon because of a half price wine promotion. They refused to split up checks to avoid using the coupon. It's just disappointing when customer service is not considered.

1  Thank bobbirodgers