“A Great Source for Homemade Bread and Homemade Sausages”

Fredo's Delicatessen
Get food delivered
Ranked #682 of 2,146 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 26 February 2019

Fredo's is a perfect ambassador for Pittsburgh with its neighborhoods that feature a wonderful mix of the diverse populations. It's worth a trolley ride up into Dormont to experience this and to get breathtaking views of the houses on the hills. We didn't eat in Fredo's; it was a delivery to a home in Dormont, so I can't say anything about the place as a restaurant, but the food was excellent. We ordered a large Cevapi and it was more than enough for 2. The bread was really good and the sausages were very tasty; obviously made with good beef and veal. The sauce was fresh and just the right degree of 'heat.' Since their soups are on a 'soup of the day' basis, i hope you get there on their tomato soup day -- it was awesome. We'll definitely try to get to their location next time.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I am on a mini vacation visiting my husband while he is out of state for work. I decided that I would like to try something local and ran into this place. Not only was the sandwich the best ive ever had the customer service was fantastic! If I ever visit here again I will ne sure to come back to try something else. Delicious and memorable! I recommend the cevepi!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We ordered sandwiches from here for lunch, and I was really impressed with how good they were. I had the awesome Grilled Italiano Panini (Pepperoni, capicola, mortadella, hard salami, provolone, roasted red peppers and the perfect amount of balsamic vinaigrette). The others in our group had the Sicilian and Italian sandwiches, as well as the Triple Decker Turkey and Ham Sandwich...and they were all VERY happy campers.

A special thanks goes to Alyssa at the counter who "made our sandwiches with love". Each sandwich was wonderful, and quite tasty...and we will look forward to coming back for more great lunches in the future!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My wife ordered a delicious meatball sub and Pljeskavica w/ cheese from Fredo's for takeout. I had never been but had heard good things. Well those good things were true, both sandwiches were huge and delicious, I cannot wait to try other offerings at Fredo's.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Excellent service and wonderful food--don't miss the Cevapi sandwich! The "regular" menu is great, but the "House Specials" are a must-try. Owners are wonderfully welcoming. Neighborhood gem!

Date of visit: July 2016