“Waterfront-nice for the Value”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side
Ranked #53 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 20 July 2017

As with others you get what you pay for in a bigger city. For the price this was a very nice hotel. Quick check in, nice quiet room, big TV, clean bathrooms with newer towels. Housekeeper supplied us with extra shampoo on request. Free USA newspaper, tons of restaurants near by. Breakfast was great and included lots of options. Coffee on all day long, and computers (2) free of charge with printer. Nice staff made me a copy of Kennywood Park and slipped it under my door which I am thankful for. We had no issues or problems at all. If in the area we would stay again at this hotel. Recommend

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kathie l
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased that you appreciated the value and efficiency of all amenities offered, as well as our front office staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We showed up to the hotel at 6:30pm after a long day of traveling...I found Pittsburgh tough to drive through, and my boyfriend has a broken foot so I'm doing all the driving, and he can't walk very well. . The receptionist's first words to me "I was just about to call you"

The room wasn't available...got sent to another hotel.

I am unhappy because had I gotten this message earlier, I would have gone straight to the other hotel rather than drive across the bridge in BAD traffic, only to be turned around.

Poor customer service. Very disappointed. As a "valued member" of IHG, I would have appreciated a phonecall.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear that your short experience was a negative one. We value your status as an IHG Rewards Club Member. Please contact us directly at 412-488-1130. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

When getting to our room, we opened the door to find cleaning equipment in our room. There was a funny odor. We tried to call for extra towels to find the phone didn't work. During the night the bathroom sink backed up - woke up to nasty residue in sink. Our room was across from housekeeping base so was difficult getting in/out of our room due to staff and supplies.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place your experience here with us- on TripAdvisor. We greatly value your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced so many issues with your overnight accommodations. Please contact us directly at 412-488-1130. We would love, more than anything, to make this right for you.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I agree with the other reviews, the location was good,price ok. But...
Upon check in, I was told the shuttle was not working the days of my stay. That's one of the reasons I booked this hotel. A corporate sales person gave us a ride to the incline, which was the best thing that happened to me during my stay. I requested linens for a pull out, and was forgotten, then they asked me to go get them because it was shift change. Really? Housekeeping gave me new towels, and yes, I put them in the tub. The towels were found on the dresser, right beside a bag of my trash. I guess that's my job too. Back to the shuttle, I asked them to pick us up, they refused. I asked if they were going to reimburse my cab fare, which prompted them to apparently send the shuttle. We left after waiting 20mins past their 20mins pick up time. Then I stood for a front desk person, no show for 15mins. Even tried calling the lobby from the lobby, and nothing.
Spend the extra few bucks and pick a better hotel. I regret this booking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tripper17
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Hi tripper17,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the shuttle service, housekeeping services, and Front Desk staff availability. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stayed here for a one-night stop on a recent family vacation. The shuttle service alone was worth staying here, as we were able to park our car while staying at the hotel and take a quick shuttle ride to many of the attractions and locations in the area that we were interested in visiting. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness center was large and had a variety of options. Our room was clean - the only thing I would have changed was that we didn't have a way to block the sun from coming in our room in the morning, but that wasn't a huge problem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Wow, 5 stars! Thank you for taking the time to place your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am elated to hear that our secure parking and courtesy shuttle was convenient for you! I am also pleased that our staff and amenities were able to suit your needs. Please keep us in mind during future travels through the beautiful city of Pittsburgh!