US$224
US$193
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

US$170
US$136
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$169
US$143
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$175
US$161
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$158
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$204
US$184
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$242/night.

US$96
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$131
US$122
All reviewscarson streethi expressfree shuttlefront deskshuttle servicestation squarewithin milesbars and restaurantsfree breakfastbreakfast roomstay at this hotel againmile radiuskey cardpirates gamepnc parkacross the bridgenon smoking
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

At first appearance the hotel looked adequate. Unfortunately the experience here was less than Desirable. If they didn't employ Gladys and John J this hotel would not survive. The housekeeping was terrible. They are well under staffed. The assistant manager Steve was not helpful. We ended up staying only because if Gladys.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Hi Julie M,

Thanks for giving us your feedback. It is regretful that your overall experience was negatively impacted by the level of service you received from a few of our people and housekeeping. Though, I am very pleased to know that both Gladys and John J were able to compensate the unfortunate incident that happened. While I am thankful for them to deliver the true customer service IHG aims for, I will share your comments to our hotel owners for them to communicate with the team to provide additional training to the staff and give recognition to Gladys and John J.

Again, thanks for choosing us and I hope you'll us another chance to make your next visit way better than the last.

Warm Regards,

Danelle A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We wanted a hotel close to the street which had the clubs and the pubs and hence we selected this . Walkable distance to all of the bars. The breakfast was just the usual continental and nothing out of the ordinary to mention. One of the dayside stayed the omelette had ham which I did not appreciate as I was an eggeterian. The rooms were decent nothing to complain there . What I did appreciate was that we were running early like 8 hours and they let us take the room at 8 am even though our check in time was at 4 pm . Hence just for this I give them a 4/5 rating . The bathroom was ordinary. Parking cost us like $14 a day . Paid like $300 for room with king size bed . Prices are high most likely due to the location .

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to place your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate that you enjoyed our prime location as well as our clean and spacious rooms! I am most pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in at the time of your arrival. Our rates do fluctuate in regards to area events. Please keep us in mind during future travels through our beautiful city!

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Close to many sites and good restaurants. However, could use updates and better housekeeping. Carpets barely got a once over on vacuuming. The sparkle from someone's dress was still there after cleaning two times. Lipstick from someone else was still on the frame of the towel shelf. The bathroom floor was not clean when we arrived. It was late when we arrived and we needed to leave immediately or I would have called. However, I doubt it would have been cleaned until the next day. We noticed that repairs were made in the bathroom but they were not skillful done. Blackout blinds could only be completely up or all the way down. Wallpaper was peeling off of the wall under the window.

On the plus side, bed was comfortable, pillows soft and towels fluffy and white. Water was very hot and plentiful. Ask for a window facing the city. There is a nice view from that side.

It was obvious this particular room had been rented out a lot. Hopefully other rooms were in better shape.

The shuttle takes a long time so we had to take an Uber and there weren't even any sporting events going on those days. So plan well ahead or don't count on it at all.

The breakfast offerings were typically HI Express but were not replenished in a timely manner (workers sitting in kitchen talking) and there were no bananas either day. They always need to have bananas.

I would stay there again, because of the location, but if you choose to stay there, know that you may have to settle with the hotel's need for some upgrades.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CityintheCindy
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Dear CityCindy,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to shortfalls on our housekeeping service. We always strive to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and we regret that we did not meet some of your expectations. Rest assured that we will continuously do our best to always improve so we can accommodate you better in the future. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Affordable choice in a good location for a family! Nice,clean, hotel with secured, easy-access parking lot, great breakfast, friendly staff, and perfect shuttle service to everything downtown..... we will definitely return!

Room Tip: We chose a king bed style room..... It was huge!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Wow, Five Stars!! Thank you for taking the time to place your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! I am elated to hear that you found use of our prime location as well as overall value. I am most pleased that you enjoyed our staff, breakfast and shuttle service. We will await your return!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

If you book this hotel for their shuttle service to Pittsburgh locations, Don't. Shuttle service was spotty, at best. When the shuttle ran, lines and wait times were very long on weekends. Management told me I was better off to take a cab to my destination since the shuttle wait time was at least 25 minutes, and that was early in the a.m. I was warned by management to be sure I called for my return ride by 10:00pm, since the shuttle runs only until 10:30pm. When I did call at approx. 6:00pm for pick-up back to the hotel, the front desk informed me that the shuttle had finished running for the day. Again, I was forced to take a cab back to my room. The only reason I booked this particular location was for their shuttle service. I voiced my complaint when I returned to the hotel and the nighttime manager seemed unconcerned. I again voiced my complaint with the daytime manager the next morning, and after much insistence on my part, I was reimbursed...not for the cost of the taxi, but for the parking rate (which only covered half of the cab fare). Management seemed to show little concern for the welfare of its customers, which as an Holiday Inn Platinum Elite member, was very upsetting.

Also, the hotel is situated near train tracks. Trains tend to run throughout the evening and early morning hours. Do not book this hotel if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay, including shuttle service offered, did not meet your expectations. We take all feedback very seriously, as we are constantly aiming to improve all services offered, in any way that we can. I urge you to contact me directly, at your earliest convenience. I am more than happy to offer my time to make this right. Please call directly at 412-488-1130.