All reviews rain shower within walking distance penn avenue strip district room service bed was comfortable self parking common areas convenient location nice room pnc park shower head very nice hotel the shuttle driver cultural district free shuttle pirates game
Reviewed 31 July 2015

My stay at the Westin was just okay.The lobby of the hotel and the conference areas are beautiful.The gym was nice too! However, The rooms are underwhelming, old and not cleaned very well. The customer service was inconsistent as well. It wasn't a bad stay but it could have been better.

Room tip: far river side upper floors have the best views of the stadium/river. Its beautiful at night
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jemimah M
Elizabeth Z, Manager at The Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear mimimick; thank you for your review and staying. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated areas! I hope you come back to see us, so we can make your next stay special. Thanks again!

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Stayed here to take in a Pittsburgh Pirates game. Hotel had valet parking at $26/night or self-parking at $22/ night. It appears that the self-parking is operated by a 3rd party and not the hotel itself. The garage area was very tight. There are many choices for food/drinks nearby. Check-in was a breeze. We were greeted at the desk by Mitchell, who was extremely congenial and offered us suggestions on getting to the ballpark. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. The towels were not as soft as one usually finds in this brand of hotel. Everything was fairly clean but housekeeping could pay attention to a few more small details. Our room had a nice river view.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryanwest

Dear ryanwest; thank you for your review! We are lucky to have such a great location to many of Pittsburgh's attractions. Also, we will pass on your compliments to Mitchell. Thank you so much! Come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

I was recently in Pittsburgh for a national conference. The conference was at a different hotel in Pittsburgh. When I checked in, I was greeted by a young man named Mitchell who made check-in effortless and told me everything I needed to know about the hotel. At multiple points during my stay Bob Ford made sure I had everything I needed including great recommendations for restaurants, etc. In general, customer service was good throughout my five day stay, but Bob went above and beyond to provide outstanding service! I used the hotel shuttle to get back and forth to my conference as well as to restaurants--all the drivers were congenial, etc.As for the room--comfortable bed as you would expect from a Westin. Nothing out of the ordinary to report about the room--comfortable bed, consistent room temperature--important in humid July--quiet room conducive to sleeping.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Susan B; thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so glad to hear Mitchell and Bob provided you with great service. We are lucky to have them! I hope you come back soon to visit us! Thanks!

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Parking is $26/night for valet. There is very little room to pull into valet off the street, so expect to be in a rush. There is apparently self park for something like $22/night, but expect them to tell you that self park is full.

Check in was fairly painless. My only real complaint is that there was only 1 or 2 people working at any given time, so lines form. After a 6.5 hour drive, the last thing I wanted to do was stand in a long line. The front desk staff is not overly personable, but they look professional and there were no issues. Be prepared to use the small screens outside the elevator to select your floor before getting on one. This is confusing to some.

Premium King room is average size hotel room. Decent sized bathroom. Everything was pretty clean. The beds are firm and the sheets are very scratchy. I question the thread count for a 4 star hotel.

Plan on paying exorbitant prices everywhere you go. This hotel likes to pretend it is its sister in Times Square. It cost me $9 to print 6 pieces of paper in the business center. $20 for a breakfast buffet on the second floor that rivaled a Hampton Inn continental buffet. The lobby bar/restaurant was $10 for mid-shelf liquor and $8 for domestic beer, $4 for orange juice, etc.. There are several restaurants/pubs within a few blocks that are much more realistic with their prices/quality.

The pool closes by 9:00 PM. I'm not sure what reasoning is behind closing the pool at 9:00 PM, but for those of us that are out doing things most of the day into the evening, it is very inconvenient.

Overall, I have to say this hotel is average.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eric D

Dear Eric D; thank you for your very thoughtful review! We appreciate your business and I hope you give us another chance to make your next stay more renewing. Be well.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I picked the Westin because of the overall good reviews on Tripadvisor and because I was able to get a good rate. They did not disappoint. The room was clean, the staff was lovely, and they all spoke to my eight-year-old son as if his opinion mattered with everything as well, which I don't always find in hotels. We got room service one evening for dinner, and they told me it would arrive in 45 minutes; it arrived in 30.

My only quibble is that we had a room right by the elevators, and there was some kind of convention going on; Friday and Saturday nights, the conventioneers were very loud going back and forth between their rooms, with doors slamming, and yelling to each other as they got on and off the elevator. It eventually did stop, around 11pm each night.

1  Thank KL W

Dear Karin414; thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel with your family. For your next stay, we can make sure you are further from the elevator. Thank you for staying; hope to see your family again soon.