“Something delicious for everyone!”
Review of The Colombian Spot

The Colombian Spot
Ranked #414 of 2,288 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

It was easy to find parking. The place is welcoming and the staff is very nice. We tried empanadas and patacones with guacamole. Everything was delicious anf authentic. If you have never tried plantains, this is a great way to try: crunchy, salty and served with avocado! The natural juices were refreshing and unusual: lulo, mora, guava. We loved the sancocho soup: hearty delicious broth with melt in your mouth yuca and meat. The picada(grilled/fried pieces of beef, pork, pork skin, fries, etc) is big enough for 4 people.
Wonderful place, highly recommended!!!

1  Thank Adriana B

Reviewed 4 July 2017

After being invited several times, we decided to visit the place with a few friends.
No food is really good. They serve "ropa vieja", just don't expect a similar taste to the Cuban style. The "empanadas" are excellent and so was the Bandeja Paisa.

Just avoid going in large groups as the services gets delayed real bad. This is the only reason not giving the 5 stars.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This place has good Colombian food and drinks. However, they do not serve alcoholic beverages. This is a BYOB, so bring your beer or bottle and sit there and drink and wait for your meals.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Three of us decided to try Colombian food for the first time last night. the Columbian spot was a great place to do that. the food was delicious. we will definitely go back.
The plantain appetizer with guacamole was fantastic. My son ordered Bandeja Paisa and would definitely order it again. I had the Arepa Pabellon and really enjoyed it.
My husband ordered the trout and didn't care for it. Two negative comments to make about the place. the first one they only have cans of soda and they charged $1.50 per can of Coke which I think is ridiculous. Secondly my son and I got our food and begin eating and had finished quite a bit before my husband's meal came out. we would've preferred to have gotten all of our entrées at the same time. that being said we really really enjoyed the food and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

A refreshing experience. It's different, but familiar enough to please even the non adventurous. I had the steel city arepa. It was the best pulled pork I've probably ever had. Lots of flavor without being covered in sauce, and the accompanying sauces they serve on the side are delicious. It reminded me of a tamale turned inside out. Also tried the empanada which was great and the sweet plantains were a lovely side dish. I can't wait to go back and try more.