“Always a safe bet : "upscale diner"”
Review of Nudy's Cafe Paoli

Nudy's Cafe Paoli
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Paoli
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Nudy's has provided consistent diner food on the Main Line for many years. The atmosphere is casual, and often crowded. While there is usually a line to get a table, the wait isn't more than 5-15 minutes depending on what time of day you go. Of course, larger parties will have longer waits.

The menu is standard "upscale diner" food - eggs Benedict several ways, waffles, French toast, pancakes, fresh fruit, and selection of continental sandwiches. A creative vegan could probably find something to eat here, but the menu doesn't specifically cater to vegans or vegetarians.

Four stars - points for service, friendliness, and menu. Food quality is consistent but not always "the best", and the restaurant layout feels crowded. Not bad, just above average.

If you're bringing friends in from out of town and want to give them a real taste of the main line, Nudy's won't disappoint.

Great for brunch dates and business lunches as well.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious. The Cinnabon pancakes melted in your mouth, I highly recommend. The service was great, the food came quickly, the price was right. All around great value and I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My wife and I stopped by for breakfast yesterday on our first visit to this cute restaurant. She had scrambled eggs and bacon and I had a ham and cheese omelet, both of us had hash browns and toast. Both dishes were were well prepared and tasty. Service was friendly and prompt. We'll come again.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I was so disappointed with our visit. This obviously is a popular place, based on the crowd, but I would not return. Our server sometimes stopped by, but more often we had to flag him down--for water, for coffee, for creamer, for our food. I ordered my hash browns on the more well done side and with onions. Not only were they not well done and not have onions, they were COLD. (He did tell me that they probably would not be well done as it is too busy to do that on weekends. What?) We finally flagged down the waiter and asked him to reheat the cold potatoes. He said he'll bring new ones. These were almost all white, such little browning, hardly done...and no onions (but they were appropriately warm). They came after I was almost finished my eggs. I think he had forgotten about them. When we asked for more creamer, for the coffee we had to ask him to refill (and the creamer bowl was noticeably empty), he took the creamer ball, came right back, and practically dropped the bowl at the edge of the table, not taking the time to place it back where it was. He was not intentionally being rude, he just was running to take care of all his tables. We were very pleasant with him and, other than asking him to heat the home fries and then asking him for the home fries...when so much time had passed without them...we did not let on or say anything to him about our experience. I think the bottom line is that he was overworked--not his fault--and had way too many tables.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service but a bit noisy. Portions are large and place is very clean. Eggs Benedict super and hash browns so yummy