See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2007

We stayed at the Palmyra Motel from Aug. 21 to 23 for an end of Summer HersheyPark vacation. We were pleased with our stay. This is a one level Motel where you park in front of your room, and my husband joked that it was the "Bates Motel" the whole time we were there. The motel has undergone renovations and our room - a double queen - was clean, had new carpeting, and new mattresses. There is a small table, and a fridge - which was helpful. The bathroom was clean, new vanity and tiles and no mold or smells. There are plastic lawn chairs outside the room too. My only complaint about the room would be the towels, extraordinarily rough.

The heated pool was really great - clean, safety gated and there were pool toys available for the kids. Note: no lifeguards so you will need to stay with them. It runs from 3ft to 8ft so adults can have fun too. There were lounge chairs with new cushions and older metal type chairs which have seen better days. There are also umbrella tables so you can eat there if you choose.

The office stafff was pleasant, courteous, and helpful both when I made my reservations and while we were there. The office has a microwave and a coffeepot which guests are free to use as there is none in the rooms. (A coffeepot in the room would have gotten them 4 stars from me :-) )The local daily newspaper is also available. I did have to request an iron from them - no ironing board in room either.

There is a small restaurant on site - The Blue Moon Coffeehouse. We did not get to use it as it closes early during the week (2pm the sign said) . Our last day there we wanted to get breakfast but there was a sign read ing "Closed to take the boy to college...".

The Motel is right on RT 422 / Main Street and there are shopping centers to the left and right. There is a Walmart , Pizza Hut, chinese food, Arby's and a McDonalds all a block or two away. There is also a Friendly's a little drive away (3.99 breakfast - but the service was a little... unfriendly) and we also ate at Funcks Family Restaurant - good homestyle cooking and excellent service. Both are on 422/ Main Street on the way to Hershey.

Overall I was happy with my choice. We paid $99 a night for a spacious double queen room during the summer peak. It was very clean and quiet and we were in a great location - About five minutes to HersheyPark (which was great - the new Boardwalk area is fantastic!!! ). We did drive past the Dutch Motel Palmyra and it was very small and run down looking. It has two stories (that looked like they were leaning?) and both times we passed it, there were people sitting on the steps drinking with room doors open. I told my husband that THAT was the Bates Motel!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 11 August 2007

Our family stayed at the Palmyra motel for one night in August during our trip to Hershey Park. Upon arrival, the first room we were given had a musty smell, probably due to the fact that the roof leaked years earlier in the rooms on that end of the motel. The odor was much like the smell after a basement floods then dries. We requested another room, the odor was not as strong, but I sprayed it with air freshner anyway. The pool was refreshing, however, the lounge chairs and pool furniture were old and stained. I did not sleep comfortably, probably because my sheets and pillow case smelled like a cologne I never wore before....the bathroom was renovated and the room did have new carpeting, but the mattresses were very soft, probably from age.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 21 December 2005

We were visiting relatives in the area and only needed a place to sleep at night, but we found our room to be very neat and clean for the price we paid. We knew when we booked it, that it was not a 5 star motel. It had a small refrigerator and every night we came back the sheets were changed and the entire room was cleaned up. I would give them a good rating for the location and cleanliness. Previous years we stayed at a 4 star hotel in Lebanon and it was not as clean and neat or updated like this small motel was. Overall we were a lot happier with this at half the price.

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank Escape3649
Reviewed 1 December 2005

We stayed at the Palmyra Motel while visiting relatives in PA. We booked a King non-smoking room. When we arrived the first room we were given smelled so strongly of cleaning products we couldn't shut the door. The room was old and musty smelling. I returned to the office to ask for a refund only to be told that they have a 3 day cancellation policy. I agreed to see another room. This room did not smell as bad but was old as well. The desk person advised us if we cancelled the reservation they would only refund one night and still charge us for that night. We decided since we were only staying 2 nights we would tough it out since the only thing we really needed was a placed to sleep. The only good thing about the room was the bed. We were not able to sit on the furniture in the room. It was white and gold wooden, with the numbered stickers still on the furniture to show how to put it together. It had red cushions only held by 2 small, thin straps and the hanging bells on the back of the furniture were very interesting. The sign out front said "recently renovated". Maybe the towels reading "sheraton" were new additions! I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2005