“Feeding hungry golfers and locals alike”
Review of Ball & Thistle Pub

Ball & Thistle Pub
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This pub is located in the club house of the Wyncote Golf Club and it is open to the public. Golfers and locals are all welcome. A friend of mine comes from Maryland just to eat here. Beautiful setup, very warm and friendly. Food is very good with great presentation and they change the menu every now and then. I believe they have secret deals on certain days such as Hamburgers half price on Wednesdays.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I eat here a few times each month and I am never disappointed. The food is first rate and always fresh. I particularly enjoy the crab cakes. I can never find any binders (cracker crumbs, etc.)

1  Thank LNHMaryland
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

My family and I have been going to the pub for years now and use to think it was great. We have been there twice in the past 3 weeks and both times had an issue with our food and left disappointed. It seems like they spend way too much time changing their menus then they do worrying about the prep and presentation of their food. We decided to take a break from the Wynecote for awhile, the prices are high for the area and until we hear things have changed our money will be better spent elsewhere.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

The Ball & Thistle is a bit of food culture in an area not known for its fine dining. The bartenders know their craft and are pleased to serve. The menu speaks for itself. The wine list is just right. Everything I have ever had has been cooked beautifully.
If I have any criticism, it would be that the service is often inexplicably slow, and the pub does not stay open late hours. So, if you're in a hurry, this isn't the place. But if you are looking to relax, enjoy your dinner, company, maybe some music and a view, The Ball & Thistle is an oasis.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

The food is excellent and the service is wonderful. We love the bands...

This is a comfortable place that we enjoy...

1  Thank Debbie L

Been to Ball & Thistle Pub? Share your experiences!