“Late Breakfast”

Vera's Country Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Ottsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Vera's resturant is a very nice and quiet resturant where the locals go to eat. Recommended by Nature's Way Canoe and Kayaks, we were very please to have had a nice breakfast (French toast and Steak/Mushroom Omlet) served by an attentive and friendly waitress. The portions and presentation was good as was the food. Recommend this resturant when ever we are in the area.

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

We thank you kindly, for our review.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Tried Vera's today. It was just OK. The server was nice but slow. We waited 15 mins for our check. Never checked on our table. The food was very average. The coffee was dish water. We will not trying a second time.

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

We appreciate your feed back. Sorry, to hear that you will not return. We do our best to please our guests and their concerns. If ever again in the general area please stop by for a complimentary breakfast. Best regards, Vera Anthony and staff

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Vera's has a more than ample menu for breakfast and lunch. Great food and a friendly atmosphere.
It is a relaxing establishment that always makes you feel welcome. Customers travel an hour for a meal!

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

We thank you for your kind review. So happy to hear about your visit with us. Best regards, Vera Anthony and our staff

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I've driven past Vera's Country Cafe at least a hundred times. Today I decided to load up the family and give it a try. With so many positive Tripadvisor reviews, and a self-proclaimed breakfast fan, I was excited to say the least about a place 'just up the road.'

We walked through the front door of Vera's around 9am on a Saturday and saw a couple of open tables. The waitstaff said we could sit wherever and we did. The dining area is a welcome space that certainly exudes 'country' and 'cafe' feels. It felt as if there was a mix of dependable locals as well as passing through motorists.

We overheard Vera's revamped the menu lately. Either way, there were two specials that piqued the curiousity. But first, being a gigantic fan of Homestead Coffee, I was excited to see it offered here. While I was intending to order from the regular menu, I was intrigued by the Brisket Eggs Benedict. With ingredients such as bacon and beef brisket replacing Canadian bacon (as well as cheddar in the Hollandaise sauce), how could I not order it?

My wife waffled (see what I did there?) on the red velvet pancakes but found it hard to not take the advice of the Intelligencer's column mounted on the wall proclaiming Vera's knowledge of omelettes. She eventually went with the veggie omelette.

Our meals were extremely flavorful. I am quite excited to have finally experienced Vera's Country Cafe, and I implore you to do the same. Two aspects that did stand out include: I think the place is cash only, though I might be wrong. Luckily we had cash. The one part that deterred me from ordering either French toast or pancakes was the presence of Log Cabin breakfast syrup at each table. I lived in upstate New York for a few year and learned just how good authentic maple syrup is. That being said, I would certainly pay extra to upgrade to maple syrup next time I swing by.

If you're headed toward down 412 and Vera's is on the route, you must stop here for breakfast. The atmosphere, the food, the reasonable prices, and the satisfaction is on par with competitive breakfast locations in towns. Breakfast is hard to pull off well. Vera's makes it look effortless yet enjoyable.

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

We thank you so much for our wonderful review. It was a pleasure serving you both last Saturday. Glad you stopped by and enjoyed your visit with us. Warmly, Vera, Anthony and our staff.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Very good place for breakfast, reasonably priced and good quality.
I would recommend it highly. Especially the specialty pancakes-- delicious.

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

We thank you kindly for our nice review. Glad to hear. Sincerely, Vera, Anthony and our staff