Vera's Country Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Ottsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Vera's has a more than ample menu for breakfast and lunch. Great food and a friendly atmosphere.
It is a relaxing establishment that always makes you feel welcome. Customers travel an hour for a meal!

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

We thank you for your kind review. So happy to hear about your visit with us. Best regards, Vera Anthony and our staff

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I've driven past Vera's Country Cafe at least a hundred times. Today I decided to load up the family and give it a try. With so many positive Tripadvisor reviews, and a self-proclaimed breakfast fan, I was excited to say the least about a place 'just up the road.'

We walked through the front door of Vera's around 9am on a Saturday and saw a couple of open tables. The waitstaff said we could sit wherever and we did. The dining area is a welcome space that certainly exudes 'country' and 'cafe' feels. It felt as if there was a mix of dependable locals as well as passing through motorists.

We overheard Vera's revamped the menu lately. Either way, there were two specials that piqued the curiousity. But first, being a gigantic fan of Homestead Coffee, I was excited to see it offered here. While I was intending to order from the regular menu, I was intrigued by the Brisket Eggs Benedict. With ingredients such as bacon and beef brisket replacing Canadian bacon (as well as cheddar in the Hollandaise sauce), how could I not order it?

My wife waffled (see what I did there?) on the red velvet pancakes but found it hard to not take the advice of the Intelligencer's column mounted on the wall proclaiming Vera's knowledge of omelettes. She eventually went with the veggie omelette.

Our meals were extremely flavorful. I am quite excited to have finally experienced Vera's Country Cafe, and I implore you to do the same. Two aspects that did stand out include: I think the place is cash only, though I might be wrong. Luckily we had cash. The one part that deterred me from ordering either French toast or pancakes was the presence of Log Cabin breakfast syrup at each table. I lived in upstate New York for a few year and learned just how good authentic maple syrup is. That being said, I would certainly pay extra to upgrade to maple syrup next time I swing by.

If you're headed toward down 412 and Vera's is on the route, you must stop here for breakfast. The atmosphere, the food, the reasonable prices, and the satisfaction is on par with competitive breakfast locations in towns. Breakfast is hard to pull off well. Vera's makes it look effortless yet enjoyable.

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

We thank you so much for our wonderful review. It was a pleasure serving you both last Saturday. Glad you stopped by and enjoyed your visit with us. Warmly, Vera, Anthony and our staff.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Very good place for breakfast, reasonably priced and good quality.
I would recommend it highly. Especially the specialty pancakes-- delicious.

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

We thank you kindly for our nice review. Glad to hear. Sincerely, Vera, Anthony and our staff

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I've been to Vera's four times (this most recent visit included, and it's never disappointed)--this time was so good that I had to write a review.

What I've gotten here before--a special omelette, a very good cheeseburger, and sausage gravy over biscuits--was blown out of the water by what I got this most recent trip. The dish, "Mexican Eggs Benedict" (poached eggs over 'Mexican meatloaf' and jalapeño cornbread covered in a cheddar hollandaise and sour cream), was a special that I hope they have again soon.

Nothing about Vera's disappoints. Everything you get here is freshly made with really good ingredients. The dining room is cozy, clean, and well-maintained. The staff (including Vera herself) is attentive and very friendly. Already can't wait for my next visit!

1  Thank Matt A
verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Matt, we thank you very kindly. For our amazing review. So happy to hear about your visits at Vera's. Hope to see you soon. PS. I loved the Mexican Eggs Benedict as well. Sincerely, Vera, Anthony and our staff.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Vera's is a can't miss on quality food and terrific staff. Always can rely on Vera's for a hardy breakfast or satisfying lunch. Nice "specials" offered each day too. Kudos to the staff as they are always ready with the coffee pot for a refill!

verascountrycafe, Owner at Vera's Country Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

We thank you very much for our nice review. Very much appreciated. Warmly, Vera, Anthony and our staff.