“GOOD barbeque!!”

It's Just Barbecue
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Orwigsburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Great place for quick (eat in or take out) really tasty barbecue.
We've eaten barbeque in several "barbeque states" in the south - this is just as good & no long drive needed!

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

We just moved to the area so we are working our way thru the local eateries. This one has has a cute bright pink metal pig out front!

And delicious food inside! I had the smoked bbq chicken & he had ribs. Both delicious.

I got a piece of cornbread to try - I'm fussy about corn bread & this was exactly how I like it moist with just a hint of sweet!
Honorable mention - the cinnamon apples! They were apple pie in a cup! Delish!

The inside isn't fancy but it's BBQ-IT doesn't need to be fancy - it needs delicious!

They are only open Wed thru Sun. They do accept credit cards.

Will definitely eat here again!

1  Thank krismcg9
Reviewed 26 October 2015

This is the best BBQ that I've had in the area. The restaurant is not fancy but the staff is always fast and courteous.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I had been wanting to try this place for awhile. It was recommended by friends as being a unique BBQ place with a southern style menu in southern schuylkill county. Today, I made it through the doors.

The appearance is deceiving. From the outside, it sits in a 1970's style small commercial building (the precursor to strip malls). However, it was easy to find where to go with the 8 foot pig in front of the building!

Once inside, the restaurant appeared to have a bustling takeout business with eat in dining available. I was unfamiliar with the service so I ordered at the counter. The tables are picnic tables and benches, with cloth over each table. It reminded me a little of sitting in a shcuylkill county farmhouse from times gone by. Little knick knacks in the window along with the other decor made it feel like home.

The waitress/clerk was very pleasant and gave me detailed information on the dishes. I tried the half rack of ribs with corn bread, and two sides. The sides I chose were cole slaw and cinnamon apples. The platter was ready within a minute or two.

Just a side note - I was told that they were almost done with the ribs for today, only having about a rack and a half left. In addition, they offer some wonderful specials but they have limited supplies. Although I would be disappointed to find out that my favorite dish was no longer available that day, it's better than them reheating the ones that didn't sell for the next day! That makes me feel a little better that the food I get is fresh.

Now onto the ribs!!!

I was told that the ribs are smoked with hardwood pellets; no particular mix or heavy hickory or mesquite. I usually prefer the hickory smoked meats but I would keep an open mind. Im glad I did. The meat did have your typical smoke ring. However, each bite was just the taste of the meat and the seasonings! There was no overpowering taste.

They glazed the ribs with their home made standard BBQ sauce. The sauce complimented the blend of spices on the ribs.

What stood out to me most about the ribs were how juicy they were. I was able to easily chew each bite to the point that I did not require any extra sauce. The juices were not grease but seemed to be a mixture of the marinade and the juice from the meat. Absolutely tasty!!!

I tried a little bit of the standard sauce at the end. Not being baked. like the same sauce on the ribs, it had a slightly different flavor. It was bold without being too spicy. I prefer more of a sweeter memphis style sauce but this was very good to go with these ribs.

The cole slaw was large pieces of cabbage and the other ingredients mixed with a tangy sauce. It was an excellent choice to go along with the ribs.

I was unable to eat the cornbread or the apples while I was there. My eyes were bigger than my stomach today! We were able to bag everything up for the ride home.

My overall observations - I was impressed with the ribs! Absolutely delicious. They offer unique specials (i'm waiting for a saturday off to get their smoked prime rib special). They definitely have a strong take out service.

I cannot rate table service since I ordered from the front and took everything back. However, the clerk was very friendly and was helpful.

My final thought is this; if this restaurant was in Fishtown or Society Hill in Philly, everyone would have heard of it and there'd be lines out the door. For the people of Schuylkill and Berks counties (along with the other adjacent counties), this is a great place to check out some down to earth BBQ.

Reviewed 6 April 2015

We stopped a few times over 3 years and have increasingly been disappointed. Our LAST time was ordering BBQ and the waitress said, it will be a little bit, I need to get more out of the freezer. I'm not sure what days they actually BBQ, but it sure wasn't that Saturday. It has small seating and we always got take-out. I'd never stop again.