“Right out of the freezer.”
Review of It's Just Barbecue

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
It's Just Barbecue
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Orwigsburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We stopped a few times over 3 years and have increasingly been disappointed. Our LAST time was ordering BBQ and the waitress said, it will be a little bit, I need to get more out of the freezer. I'm not sure what days they actually BBQ, but it sure wasn't that Saturday. It has small seating and we always got take-out. I'd never stop again.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

I have family that drives 2 hrs on Mothers Day to come see me...but they all call ahead and ask one question. Will you get the pulled pork? The wings are like nothing I've ever had. My husband and I can't order ribs anywhere else because non compare to theirs. Oh and may I say the baked potatoes? The BEST They have tables there,but we do take out. If you want wings on Sunday......call ahead or you'll be out of luck.

1  Thank DeePoz
Reviewed 29 September 2014

BBQ was dry and had no sauce, it was expensive for the amount in my opinion. I have had way better. I was disappointed and will probably not eat here again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The bbq is good the sides leave something to desire. We stopped on a road trip and it was better then fast food. It's worth the stop but nothing amazing. Plus the place is over run with flys.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I took my husband here for the prime rib on saturday. Prime rib is his thing, and frankly it's not easy finding good prime around here. I have friends that have done nothing but rave about this place, and the pic of the prime rib on their facebook page encouraged me to try them out.

When we got there, they didn't have any more baked potatoes. That was a disappointment because potato salad doesn't really go with a prime rib dinner. Oh well. Luckily hubby is flexible.

I got the brisket sandwich and it was good, although for almost $10 I expected there to be a lot more meat on the roll.

The reason I said they named this place right is because barbeque is all they make. All their sides are pre-packaged and purchased. They don't even have fountain soda and the soda I did get was $2 a bottle and flat. I was hoping to get fries with my sandwich, but they don't serve fries.

Basically, the owner hires a couple girls to dish out pre-cooked and pre-made food and they charge an arm and a leg for it.

Overall this place is all hype and no substance. Be sure to bring lots of cash if you want to leave feeling like you ate something. $22 for prime rib, a tiny thing of coleslaw and potato salad, and $10 for a tiny brisket sandwich felt like a rip off to us.

We both left here with sticker shock and still hungry!
Hubby said his prime rib was just alright, so I know even he was disappointed.

Don't waste your time or money here.

1  Thank Purrsian