“Still seeking out best Chinese Restaurant in a he area”
Review of Eastern Dragon

Eastern Dragon
Ranked #35 of 93 Restaurants in North Wales
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 26 October 2014

After shopping at Costco we noticed East Dragon and wondered why we never tried this local restaurant. So, Saturday night we did just that. It is kind of hidden in the back of the Costco parking lot with a few other stores in a small little strip center. It is nicer inside than you would expect from the street. The place has quite a few tables for a small place and is very clean in appearance. We were very hopeful as we navigated thru the menu with choices of Chinese and sushi. Hubby was disappointed that there were no combo platters which we have come to expect. He started with the won ton soup ($1.85) and both of us had egg rolls. Some previous reviews mentioned the wonton soup as not being so good and it made us curious. It does have a unique taste different from other traditional wonton soups...an odd seasoning. I kinda liked it but Hubby still preferred others. The egg rolls were piping hot and were just okay. Does anyone put shrimp in egg rolls any more?...no shrimp. It was simply a hot greasy cabbage filled egg roll. We decided to split the Honey-moon couple dish as it captured our curiosity. Described as crepe with shrimp roll in chicken and house special sauce. ($12.75). When it came out we both stared at it for a bit trying to figure out exactly what to make of it. I guess I expected a seafood and chicken kind of pancake crepe or even a moo shu pork type pancake. But what came out was six pieces of a sweet type of breaded chicken with a piece of shrimp in the middle of each. The breading was similar to the breading on sweet and sour chicken...but not crispy. A very heavy salty plum type sauce empowered the entire dish. It was quite interesting but nothing I would ever order again. It fell apart with each bite and the chicken could have been more tender. The sauce was way too heavy. We really wanted to love this restaurant as this family run business looked like hard working people that take great pride in their restaurant. But unfortunately our search continues for the best Chinese restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Chinese food shouldn't be to complex. Ordered takeout and waited for it. The rice was fresh, the chicken was tender (not tough overly seasoned) The place was clean and the staff seemed friendly.

1  Thank AkHasan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I'm in no way an expert on Chinese or Japanese cuisine, but tonight I had the special which I believe was called Shogun Roll, shrimp tempura topped with eel and another type of sauce (fish?), and it was unbelievably good. It was beautifully presented on the plate and had incredible flavor. I will be ordering it again very soon. The waiter said it's not on the menu, but you can order it anytime and they will make it for you. It's a clean restaurant with comfortable booths. My dining partner had the vegetarian low mein and she said it was very good.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have never written a negative review like this, but this restaurant has certainly earned it. First let me say we brought the food home for take-out. Won -ton soup had a slightly smokey taste which was somewhat disconcerting. The Shrimp Spring Rolls had very little taste and very little shrimp and actually tasted like the type you might purchase frozen...they also omitted Chinese mustard from the take-out pack. The Sesame Chicken was tasteless and grisly, and the Sezchuan String Beans also had little taste and also had the flavor of a frozen food. (how can you mess up String Beans??) We were too far and too tired from a day of house painting to return the food. I am always curious if restaurant owners ever objectively taste their own food? A Very Very disappointing meal!

1  Thank artberns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

It's our favorite place for sushi, bento box lunch, and lunch specials. Wonton soup could be improved, when compared to some others, but the variety of other choices on the menu can't be beat.

1  Thank TravelCustomer09

Been to Eastern Dragon? Share your experiences!