“A Very Poor Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Eastern Dragon

Eastern Dragon
Ranked #35 of 93 Restaurants in North Wales
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have never written a negative review like this, but this restaurant has certainly earned it. First let me say we brought the food home for take-out. Won -ton soup had a slightly smokey taste which was somewhat disconcerting. The Shrimp Spring Rolls had very little taste and very little shrimp and actually tasted like the type you might purchase frozen...they also omitted Chinese mustard from the take-out pack. The Sesame Chicken was tasteless and grisly, and the Sezchuan String Beans also had little taste and also had the flavor of a frozen food. (how can you mess up String Beans??) We were too far and too tired from a day of house painting to return the food. I am always curious if restaurant owners ever objectively taste their own food? A Very Very disappointing meal!

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank artberns

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It's our favorite place for sushi, bento box lunch, and lunch specials. Wonton soup could be improved, when compared to some others, but the variety of other choices on the menu can't be beat.

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank TravelCustomer09
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Their lunch specials are the best in this area. Good selection and price, and the food is tasty. I have to order things a little hotter, and ask for chili paste to really get the flavor I like, but that's just me! The hot and sour soup is great, too. The wait staff can be unpredictable, and if you have a large family group, don't expect warm service. They're really set up for small tables. Of all the Chinese restaurants in the area, this is the only one we return to. The lunch Japanese specials are nice too, though that's not our "thing." Dinners can be expensive here, because everything is a la carte, but until 3 PM daily, the prices are excellent.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had discovered this restaurant about a year ago and have been going quite frequently since. My husband and my girlfriend get sushi and say it is the best around. My friend and I always get Chinese and it really the best I've had. I usually get the chicken with brocoli. The brown sauce is delicious and for $8.95 for dinner, you cant beat the value! Service is always great too!

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Set in a small strip of shops across from Costco, Eastern Dragon stands out in an area with many Asian restaurants. The place is quite attractive. The small dining room has comfortable booths. Considering I've never seen the place crowded, I imagine their main business is takeout. Chinese and Japanese menus. The Chinese combination dishes at lunchtime are a remarkable bargain and very tasty. Service is efficient but not chatty-friendly. My wife and I keep coming back -- we really like this place. And, the portions are so substantial that we can always take some of the meal home and enjoy it a second time.

Date of visit: February 2013

Been to Eastern Dragon? Share your experiences!