“Not up to normal highs”

Minado Japanese Seafood Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 161 Restaurants in Norristown
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We can for lunch the day after a snow/wind event on 3/3 and while the sushi was good, it seemed a little off.
The hot food was very tired which while not our primary focus was defintely off

We have bee coming here for years and are not concerned unless we see a trend developing

1  Thank IAIPRES

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

It has been quite a long time since we have come to Minado. Why? Because it is a bit pricey.

It is not a sushi buffet in Vegas or even Atlantic City. Still, it is very nice.

I would be more incline to return if they still offered some lobster items, as they once did, many years ago.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Minado is a good place to eat with a family. The Buffett set up is easy to navigate and the service is very good.

I’ve been here a few times with family and everyone enjoys picking and choosing their favorites. Nothing fancy about the place but the food is good enough to enjoy in a casual setting.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We are here for lunch and the sheer size of the dining area at first makes one feel small. But this is rapidly dispelled when you leave your table to enter the alcoves modestly displaying cold salads, sauces, hot entrees, cold entrees and sushi. Close to so much intriguing food, you enjoy your space as a place in which to personally expand in its most corpulent meaning.

You will make several trips to the food islands, and realize each time that you can relish your plate as a pallet upon which your dining selections appear as colors, shapes and textures:

Hot entrees, to name only a few, featured Shrimp Stick, unpeeled head and all, crisp Tempura, Black Mussels in a Red Sauce, superb, Tiny Clams in Miso, Beef and Salmon Teriyaki, and a deep fried Scallop. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Let us proceed.

Sushi... they offer some thirty varieties. I tried seven and look forward to a return bout. Salmon Skin, an iridescent red roe and Tuna Maki fired my raw instincts.

Cold entrees and salads snagging me included, Calamari Salad, Bokchoy and Shitake Mushrooms, as well as Green Mussel Salad being most rich in texture/taste, and Peanut Noodle Salad. Then there was this salad composed of filamentous, phosphorescent green and aquamarine "threads". It offered a taste and aroma I never encountered before, yet I forget its name. So I shall return only to hunt it down again for another go. I think similar experience with many of the selections at Minado cause others to return for a second try.

Should you have room, there is a desert area. I was drawn to the self serve green tea ice cream and green tea cake. However, typical American sweets abound, such as flan and yogurt.

It would take quite a few return trips to sample everything here. I'll weigh that possibility seriously.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Great sushi, crepes, udon, hibachi and great staff. A little pricey for being self service but the food quality is up to par.