“Moderate ”

Akiko Sushi
Ranked #55 of 95 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I had high hopes for this little sushi stand in the farmers market. I pass by weekly and always think I'll try it sometime. This past week I was flying solo for the evening and stopped in for takeout. The shrimp tempura roll was decent, but the eel roll (usually a fav of mine elsewhere) was tough and chewy. I could barely get through the seaweed wrap, and it had terrible flavor. It's typically priced for sushi rolls -$20 for two rolls, but the overall quality was comparable to mall sushi. I'd give this place another shot at some point, but would probably steer clear of the eel next time...

Reviewed 20 December 2015

I always either get food here or at Zook's BBQ barn when I'm at the farmer's market. They have a great selection of sushi, dumplings, etc. at really good prices.

Reviewed 5 December 2014

Sushi, Sashimi, Maki The very best in Newtown! Located within the Farmer's Market and open two days/week. Take-out and sit-down during the day. This is freshest of the fresh. If you love Japanese food, you'll discover you've arrived!