“Lovely atmosphere, but pricy”
Review of Logan Inn

Logan Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Logan Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Logan Inn, located in beautiful New Hope, was established in 1727, making it the oldest continuously run inn in Bucks County and one of the five oldest in the United States. Dine inside the glass-enclosed porches or in the cozy Fireside Room. In season, outdoor dining offers a wonderful spot to enjoy brunch, lunch, and dinner. Spend your summer drinking at the Outside Bar or in one of our fireside cabanas! With 16 rooms and a prime Main Street location, Logan Inn is the perfect place to spend your weekend in New Hope!
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Went for an early mid-week lunch with friends. We were the first people to arrive. Lovely, crackling fire and Christmas decorations made for a very pretty environment. Service was adequate - tho our drinks took a while. Food is good, but expensive. For our party of 4 for lunch, the tab was $180! We each had 1 drink; 2 people had soup, 1 appy; and sandwiches for meal. Glad we had a gift card to put towards the expense!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at the Logan Inn. It has been refurbished to put virtually every table on a window and dispense with the large open rooms.
Our dinner was as perfect as one can imagine and our wait person was friendly without being overbearing. Just a wonderful timie to be together and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Upon walking into Logan Inn, you are completely taken back to another time. It's relaxing and retro decor invite you to mingle in the charming lobby or enjoy a delicious meal in the large dining or bar areas. The friendly hostess greeted us immediately, and although we did not have reservations (they are recommended), hurried to make accommodations for us. My husband and I chose to sit at a high top table in the bar area closer to one window side of the building. Beautiful exposed gray brick lined the interior of the windows, while an extremely huge bar took up the one wall, tables & gorgeous fireplace opposite the bar.

Our server, Randy, introduced himself, took our drink order (I chose the Pumpkin-Chata - very different & delicious) & left a basket of warm bread with tasty olive oil. The menu was filled with almost everything you can imagine, yet we both opted for filet mignon. The husband ordered his well done with the hand cut fries & fingerling potatoes; I asked for mine medium-well with fingerling potatoes & baby carrots. When the dinners were delivered, looking perfectly arranged, I cut into my steak and it was a little under-cooked for my liking. I put it on a smaller plate and asked Randy if it could be cooked a bit more. In the meantime I finished the side portions of my meal, but after a few long minutes later, Randy returned with my steak and asked if I wanted any additional potatoes. I declined and tried the steak. Although a bit charred on the outside, again for my own personal liking, it was cooked much better. As for taste, we both thought the entrees were good.

Our meals offered just enough to satisfy the both of us so we requested the check and were shocked when we noticed that the manager had completely removed my filet mignon meal from the bill. All in all, we would definitely try it again, maybe next time to try their lunch menu.

Side Notes: There is valet parking in the rear lot of the Inn for $10 (we stopped by on a Saturday night and also inadvertently gave the attendant a $20 and didn't get any change). Also, the bar area tends to get a bit loud so if you are looking for a quiet, romantic dinner be sure to request a table further from the bar.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We made reservations for 5:30 on the night of the opening for the play across the street at the playhouse figuring it would get crowded in town. We were right. The Logan Inn has a nice up-scale atmosphere; however, that is quickly lost with the number of people crammed into the place. We were seated at a table in the same room as the bar, and it got VERY loud. So loud that you could barely talk across the table with each other. As for the staff and food. The food is only so so and probably a bit overpriced for what you get. I always find it amusing that some places think that raising the price of food also raises the status of the restaurant...it doesn't. I ordered the pulled pork taco's....mostly because there wasn't anything else on the menu that appealed to me that night. This was a mistake! The "tacos" were horrible! They were served on a board using small flour tortillas that fell apart as soon as you picked them up. The "juice" from the tacos went all over the table cloth and made a huge mess! After trying to eat just one of the three tacos, I ended up pulling them apart and picking out just the pulled pork. The pork tasted ok, but if I wanted a pile of pulled pork, I would have ordered that. Anyway, my fault for ordering the wrong thing. My wife had the salmon and she said it was very good. Finally, the waiter was very good.....at first. He came around a few times in the first half hour we were there, but then disappeared for the rest of the night. I think he might have been reassigned to another area as I saw him walking to the front of the restaurant all evening. After finishing our meals and sitting for at least a half hour, and that is no exaggeration, we finally had to flag down the manager and ask for our bill so we could make it to the show on time. It took the manager another 10 minutes to try and figure out who our waiter was, and I think he realized that technically, there wasn't one anymore. He eventually came back with our bill and comped us our drinks for our wait. Nice touch there and we appreciated it. Overall, this could be a good restaurant to dine at, but maybe not on a packed weekend night with a show opening across the street.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited this restaurant. The appetizers were very good. And our drinks were very tasty. The entrees we ordered were also very good. Good quality food. However, we were seated next to the bar area which is in the hub of the restaurant. It was so noisy we could not hear each other talking and trying to have a conversation. It wasn't even 7 p.m. and a live band started. Which made it even more noisy on top of all the conversation and carrying on in the bar. We assume that this place was a quiet cozy location to dine. If you are looking for a nice quiet meal, this is not the place to visit. If you are looking for a bar hang out with live music and good food, this is the place for you.