See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent and evening on Valentines day. The room was clean, didn't smell, and the staff was wonderful. the set up of the room was nice and easy to get around. Only issue we had that was bot the motels fault was the fact that it was almost 30 below zero the night we stayed and our door froze. We ended up having to call the people who run the place at 3am because my husband was locked out and I was locked in. He ended up having to take the knob off to open the door but like I said its not the motels fault Mother Nature was having a bad day. My stay was great and I stress again it's a motel for all of you complainers, go to the Hilton if you want luxury.problem is you can't afford it or don't want to pay the money for it. But yet leave a bad review for a motel like this that has everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2015
4  Thank dvvelazquez
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for about 2 weeks and it was the WORST experience I had EVER had. The managers (who are a couple) are very unprofessional and argue ALL THE TIME. So much to the point where you can hear them yelling & screaming at each other. If you are a guy and you go in the office to speak to the female manager, her boyfriend/husband, will come in & stand there to make sure your not hitting on her. They drink and get really drunk. One night, I was having a problem with something in my room, so I went to the office and told them. She was SO DRUNK I couldn't even talk to her. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!! They tell the guests all of their personal business. The guests pretty much run the place. One night I was coming back from the store when I saw a small child (couldn't be more then 2 years old) standing alone, on the front porch of the house part of the hotel. The mother was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND and management was of course in the back of the office, arguing. It's pretty sad when a pizza place won't even deliver to the place. I finally had enough and went down the street to the other motel that is owned by the same person but managed by different people. It was a lot quieter there. Do yourself a favor and just stay away from here. Save yourself the hassle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank TinaMiller44
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

It may be a little outdated, but this motel has what you need. This was my second time staying here and I would stay again if I come back. The beds are comfortable. You get a fridge and microwave in your room. The staff is very friendly. Not the most elaborate place to stay, but I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It frustrates me when people complain about a place when they aren't prepared to spend more to stay somewhere else. Rooms were clean and we had everything we needed - a bed, somewhere to park our hire car, warmth, a TV and microwave. We were even offered more blankets without asking in case we were cold. The manager, Chuck, was one of the friendliest people we met on our trip to America. He was incredibly dedicated to customers and happy to help, including with the heater and internet, and told us things we could find in town with a smile even at 11pm at night. I can't remember the name of the lady who worked there and cleaned the rooms but she was also kind, helpful, and friendly. As two 23yo ladies on a budget, this place met our needs and we felt very welcomed after being far from family and a bit lost in a new country. No, it's not a flashy hotel, but you're in a small town and not paying a huge amount. The only thing I'd suggest to the owners is perhaps providing cutlery/plates - we bought ingredients for nachos to make in the microwave and had to use our mugs purchased from DisneyWorld as plates haha!! Lovely town, staff and we'd return to the Hollander.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place was the manager, and for his sake I wish I could say something positive about the place. Oh, wait--plenty of hot water and an iron tub that held the heat, for a nice bath. In addition, this is what we experienced.

On entry, very musty smell. Cold room, then too hot. The heater thermostat wasn't working properly, and to get the room hot enough, we had to turn it to a temperature that was too hot through the night snd left us with swollen, dried out sinuses the next morning. The overhead heat and the general heat in the bathroom didn't work; they were taped off. The only way to get heat in the bathroom was to leave the door open. The weather was very cold and windy; wind blew in under the door, which was not sealed.

My husband said his bed was not comfortable; the bed linens didn't seem fresh--not dirty, just musty and stale. Bath linens were thin.

Another family member had a room there, too. They had heat issues as well, and their shower would not drain properly.

The whole outfit needs updating badly.

I honestly don't like giving poor reviews, but The Hollander was far below a reasonable standard of comfort, in my opinion.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family