“So fresh. Sushi is great but the noodles and veggies are my favorites”
Review of Noodle Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Noodle Bar
Ranked #20 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Pocono
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I love the veggie Mai Fun. I ask for a bit of the sweet soy to add. The baby bok choy and garlic asparagus are my other favorites. My husband loves the sushi. Everything is fresh and prepared perfectly. The best waiter is Gao Bing Zheng. The sushi chef is F. Okazawa and Chinese chef is Zian Wei Zi. They are the best! Love their preparation of everything I've had on the menu which is most of it. Our favorite Asian restaurant in the area. Nothing else compares. Hope you try it and like it as much as we do.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I love an open kitchen and so we sat at the bar to eat so that we could watch the sushi chef and noodle chef work. We were quickly brought water and asked if we wanted a drink. I asked for sauvignon blanc - my waiter dashed off to the back of the restaurant to see if they had it. That would make sense if we were dealing with a big list, but there are a total of 4 wines on the list...he came back and said they were out and would have it next week. I pointed out that was little help to me since I live in Canada. I then asked for the riesling - same routine to the back. Luckily, this he had. I asked for a bottle, which seemed unbelievable shocking to him. Off he goes again, and reappears with the bottle. I nod and he puts it down. My husband and I are giggling by now and ask if he would open it. Back to the back of the restaurant we go. He comes back, pours it. Great. Now we ask for an ice bucket. He comes back with a glass of ice... you see how this is going. He was really very nice so we tried our best not to laugh - clearly, not a wine guy. Finally, he goes back again and a bucket appears. All good. Meanwhile, we had ordered food from another server. My husband got sushi and I ordered a noodle dish with shrimp. The sushi was ok - nothing special according to my sushi connaisseur. But I loved my noodles (so did he, as he kept dipping in my plate). Cooked perfectly and not overdone. Not too salty. Plump not overcooked shrimp.
The wine experience, frankly, added to it. Our server, despite his failings with wine, was attentive, pleasant and tried at all times to be helpful. But next time, I am bringing the corkscrew that I carry on vacation with me to dinner.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Enjoyed this small Asian restaurant. A little pricey but you are paying higher prices for the convenience of being in Mt. Airy. The soup was very good, nor your average soup. Husband loved the sushi and the fried rice and noodles were also very good.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Changed name to Lucky Eight. Standard Asian but with some great chef changes. Good food. Three lunches over three days. All great

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Food was good - good quantities, served hot, good taste. The prices were higher than we expected. Good service. Restaurant space very small. My husband had to move several tables and chairs around so I could get my scooter to the table.