All reviews carriage house activities director nice salad bar rock and roll small mouth bass bait shop bocce ball outdoor pool yearly trip play ground social directors dirty dancing shuffle board get away jerry angel cabin
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Best vacation ever! Everything was great! The food, activities and entertainment were top notch. Tons of bass in the lake. Jerry and Angel continue to work very hard to improve an already great resort. Chestnut Grove is the best!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Jerry J, Owner at Chestnut Grove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear "xWbx Y"

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and you are right, they are plenty fish in the lake. Everyone is doing good job catching and releasing them, so we are able to hook those fish again and again LOL. Thanks again for your good review, and we'll work hard to make Chestnut Grove Resort a better family fun place.

Jerry and Angel

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This "resort" hearkens back to the now defunct predecessors in the Catskills. It is a family friendly facility with sprawling grounds and plenty of equipment to keep the kids happy. There is a good size outdoor pool and an indoor one as well, which could use better lighting and more comfortable seating. There is axial tennis/bball court, volleyball pit, playground, shuffleboard, horseshoes etc. There is even a pond with paddle boats, although most seem to be partially submerged. Accommodations are spacious, clean rooms in the main building with scratchy towels and no tissues or cabins for families. Breakfast and dinner are included. The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly and there are activities scheduled throughout the day. Very pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank obmd
Jerry J, Owner at Chestnut Grove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear "obmd"

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us an honest review. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us, and we'll also take your comments into consideration. Thank again for staying with us and we'll keep working hard to make Chestnut Grove Resort a better place.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Chestnut Grove Resort! I just got back from my yearly trip, what a great time! Owners Jerry and Angel have improved the place by leaps and bounds every year for the 3 years they own it. The grounds are absolutely beautiful! The rooms are improved new beds, mattresses and furniture!

Now to the lake! I have fished this lake since 1976, the fishing has always been good, but the water being stagnant was always an issue causing algae build up that always made fishing a chore. Jerry and Angel not only cleaned out the lake but put aerators in, now it is pristine! Note to any Dads who yearn to have a wonderful fishing experience with their child, go to Chestnut Grove! With a little help of the live minnows sold 5 minutes away at Whoerle's bait shop my 8 year old caught over 70 fish in 7 days my 14 year old caught upwards of 100 fish and I not only caught over 150 fish, I knew there was a monster lurking in there and I pulled in a 19" 4lb Small mouth bass!

If you don't fish, there's activities all day long for kids and adults! 2 pools! Nightly entertainment! Beers are Ice Cold all day long!

You can NOT go wrong at Chestnut Grove! I will be going back for my 26th year in 2017! My kids are already counting the days!

Not enough stars to give this place! PRICELESS at a more than fair price!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Joe,

Thank you for writing such a good review for us. We are glad you had a great time here this past week, and I can't believe you guys caught that many fishes. 70 + 100 + 150, that's 320 fishes in a week, did you guys do anything else other than fishing? LOL. We are so glad our effort towards the pond are paying off, as I mentioned, we've been stocking half dozen fishes almost every week in the Spring and Fall. We'll work hard to keep the pond clean and get more fishes in there. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Angel and Jerry are doing fine job of running the resort,they are doing a lot of inprovements. The food is good,the place is clean and the staff is awesome,and Angel and Jerry. We just spent 7nites there and once again we booked for next year and being my son and his wife liked the family atmosphere, also booked for next year. The price for the week is reasonable and well worth it! "THANKS TO THE STAFF,ANGEL AND JERRY FOR A WONDERFUL VACATION! See you guys columbis weekend for another GREAT TIME!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Ken,

Thank you for writing such a good review for us. It is always a great pleasure to have you and your family here and Happy Birthday again. Angel and I thank you for leaving us this great review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. As always, we'll work hard to make Chestnut Grove Resort a better family vacation place.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 25 July 2016

My family has returned to Chestnut Grove each year and with the new owners (their 2nd year)we are finding all kinds of improvements. The room decor is updated, the lake cleaned up with 2 fountains, the dining room improved, etc. I am looking forward to next year. We always sign up before we leave to insure our reservation.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear "904nana",

Thank you so much for posting such a good review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your trip and being a such loyal and wonderful guests. We are happy all the updates we are making to the resort, such as fountains, mattress, furniture etc. We appreciate you booked again with us for next year, and we also look forward to seeing you again. We'll continue to work hark to make Chestnut Grove Resort a better family resort.