“A much needed unique BBQ in Mt Pleasant”
Review of Gorky's

Gorky's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Mt. Pleasant needed a restaurant like this. It offers unique and delectable dishes.

We had a birthday celebration there this evening and everything was delicious . I've been here many times and will continue to frequent this restaurant. They've never let me down.

Do not judge a book by its cover. The exterior does not reflect the fine food and pleasant atmosphere that awaits you inside.

Everything as far as I am aware of is homemade : their BBQ sauces , soups, cornbread ( which is sheer perfection) , mashed potatoes , desserts and more. By the way , the desserts are off the hook , if you have any room left after dinner !

Tonight I chose the "blowout burger" ( burger topped with brisket , pulled pork, bacon, provolone cheese, grilled red onion , southern coleslaw and their Kansas City sauce ) Now that's a burger ! It was amazing. I also split an appetizer with another member of our party : the Grilled Portabella - olive oil and fresh garlic topped with roasted red peppers and provolone cheese. Another winner ! It had a lovely garlic flavor.

They have a standard menu , but also have a board with "Specials" that change periodically.

The owners are super friendly and accommodating .

*It's not a very large restaurant so if you have a big group you may want to make reservations.
*on and off street parking
* indoor and outdoor dining options

Reviewed 11 May 2016

It took us awhile to make it into Gorky's after they opened, but from the very first time we made it there, it became our favorite and our "go-to". We enjoy EVERYTHING on the menu - especially the cornbread. The mushroom soup, the chili, the pulled pork, the salmon, the burgers, the RIBS - all of it is delicious - and everything is homemade, even the desserts (which we almost never have room for). We've begun bringing in our friends and family just to show them how awesome this food is. Even above the food is the customer service. Everyone that works here is so friendly and helpful, and they remember your face - which is so comforting to know that they truly care that much. This will forever be our favorite restaurant!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

This place is great! We took the kids on a Friday and they loved it as well. I have yet to have a bad meal there. They were willing to modify the menu for my kids! I have had a burger, meatloaf and fish there and have all been excellent. My kids, who are picky 5 and 7 year old, loved he pulled pork.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

I had a burger with garlic and blue cheese mixed in. Very good but the didn't ask how I wanted it cooked. No sides came with it but for $3 you could add two side. Cole slaw was good and the pasta and cheese was very good.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Amazing. Again. So good. No complaints. Service is great. Food is great. Go here! You won't be sorry. Meatloaf and French onion soup! Wow!