All reviewshay rideroasting marshmallowscollecting eggsminiature horsesfamily stylecountry breakfasteach morningfire pitbreakfast was amazingqueen bedgolf cartnext morninghome away from hometrampolineyvonneplayhouseshayrides
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

My 6 year old daughter and I stayed here while I travelled through for work in May. Welcomed by the hostess' son, who showed us the room, barn, all animals (bunnies, cats, pigs, dogs, chickens, etc.) and gave us the golf cart to drive through the fields. 6 yo girl loved the small houses filled with toys and dress up costumes - she would move there for good right now. Breakfast by the hostess (80ish year old lady who has lived in this house ~ 60 years) was unbelievable. Fruit and chocolate chip pancakes. Fresh eggs from the barn. Crispy, thick bacon and fresh squeezed orange juice and stovetop coffee. The highlight was the time the hostess took to ask about us, our family, and tell us the history of the area; Amish community, Mennonite community, tourism, etc. She has lived there her entire life and we got a better tour than any tour company could offer with this matriarch speaking from her kitchen table about life in Pennsylvania. Great trip - thank you!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank wclaunchjr
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Was here with family in 2004 and 05, so when my personal road trip had me passing through, I had to return. Family-run by most accommodating and friendly folks. Big home-made breakfast. Charming setting and decor -- house filled with family photos, framed needlework, Victorian pictures and more. We even took home a kitten from here in 2005! Only thing now is that they have more animals...sheep, friendly goats, 3 dogs, pigs, and in pens/aquariums in the barn -- roosters, exotic birds, rabbits (babies were 2 days old!)....and of course, a small herd of cats and kittens roaming around. Fun! I won't wait another 10 years to return!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank nagled
Reviewed 3 November 2015

If you are looking for a home away from home, this B&B is a must - nestled in the middle of beautiful Pennsylvania farm land. It is a great place for young children who love farm animals or for us older folks who just want to be kids again. Enjoy all the activities a farm has to offer or relax by a campfire and make some new friends. The owners are so kind and truly make you feel like family. Breakfast is something you won't want to miss - a delicious, family style, home made breakfast to start your day after a restful night. My husband and I have stayed here for an entire week in October for the past 6 years - we can't wait to back to our home away from home.

Room Tip: Each room is decorated different - we love the Canopy Room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melinda B
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We had a wonderful and relaxing stay this weekend with our kids. We really enjoyed playing with the kittens and family dogs, feeding the ponies, the hayrides, collecting eggs, the great breakfast, and the warm and generous hospitality of the owners. Truly a memorable weekend for our "city" kids. Our younger daughter was teary about leaving. We highly recommend Green Acres for a family getaway and can't wait to return.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 1,012,152,015
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the canopy room. It was a great weekend. The breakfast was awesome each morning and loved hearing all the stories from the owners. Hayrides each day were great, learned alot of new things. My granddaughter loved the big playhouse and all the animals. I highly recommend this awesome place. Lots of fun and great owners who made you feel at home. We can't wait to go back!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family