Lowest prices for your stay
US$154
US$119
PricelineUS$154
QualityUS$154
HurbUS$161
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2019

Nice hotel, and clean friendly service staff. Good quality for the price. The hotel is right off the interstate, if you are traveling that way. It needs better signage, if you are coming from Trenton, NJ! Hotel is well kept and a restful area. Not too far from downtown Philadelphia.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Choice Hotels
Barbara B, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Dear Bruce,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. I will forward your comments to the building owner. We hope to see you again on a future visit to the area.

Barbara B
Assistant GM

Reviewed 28 April 2019

I don't often write reviews for hotels that my clients pay for however I feel the need to let other travelers know about the issues I had at this hotel.

1. When I arrived the front desk staff seemed very confused that someone was at the door wishing to check in and it took several, uncomfortable, seconds for someone to let me in

2. I only had a very short time (about 4 hours) until I had to be up to go to work so I was getting everything set before I crawled into bed, my first step was to put some things in the safe, except the safe did not work. OK I will stash these items in my car for safekeeping.

3. About 2 hours into my 4 hour nap it all of the sudden sounded like I was sleeping under a bowling alley. I have never heard such noise in a hotel before. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and, great, the phone does not work. I picked up my cell phone and called the hotel to complain. The noise never stopped.

4. While I was at work yesterday I am pretty sure someone went in to my room and through my belongings, despite the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I leave my belongings in a very specific manner when I am in a hotel, it helps me with whatever I have going on. Things were just not quite like I left them and this is very disturbing to me.

5. I went to check out this morning and the desk clerk was unable to provide me with a receipt for my stay. Again I am very particular about ensuring my folio is at a zero balance when I leave a property and not being able to have a receipt does not ensure that.

To all of my fellow travelers I am sure there are other options in the area and I encourage you to explore them and hopefully this property can be leveled and a decent hotel be built on it's site.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dunitdotus
Barbara B, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2019

I am not certain what room you were in or your name so I cannot check specifically into your reservation. If you want to email me directly at Qualityinn19067@gmail.com I can review video to see what occured. All housekeepers and staff do follow DND procedures. If it was hung on the door the staff respect that. If the reservation was made through Expedia or another online agency they would provide the receipt because they provide a virtual card which covers the costs for the room and tax. We do our best to provide a high level of service to all guests and I am sorry that you had difficulties. If you can email me your name and room number I will review your maintenance complaints as well.

Reviewed 17 December 2018

I hardly have words. I knew it would be a dump but read some reviews and most said it was at least clean. We had a group staying there because we had business very early in the morning, close by, that we could not be late for. If I didn't check in at 11pm and knew I'd only be staying until 7am, there is no way I would have stayed there.
It is set back in a bad strip mall area and we could hardly find it except for the sky high signage. When we pulled up I was praying my car would still be there in the morning. The front doors were locked upon arrival and the clerk had to let us in!! What??? Now that's scary. Upon checking in, I was waiting for a hooker brigade to walk out to start their evening business.
We entered the room and it reeked of Fabreeze or some type of carpet cleaner trying to mask some type of smell. I literally pulled all the sheets down and checked the bed for bugs before getting it in.... and then slept in all my clothes because I didn't even want my body to touch anything.
Old is ok... but disgusting and not well kept is not.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JC4Ever
Barbara B, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

You posted this review on another sight. Many hotels use scan card systems after hours and once you have your room key nothing prevents you from entering any hotel door. The review of video both inside and out shows you to be the only female in the area of the front desk and no females on the property exterior . Three men walked in a short time ahead of you and you walked down an empty hallway to your room. Their is no record of complaint at the front desk regarding room condition and you did not exit the room after entry with luggage so I did not see any time that you could have encountered the females described if they were on the property which they were not. The room odor was most likely due to the room having been painted a few days prior to arrival and staff would have given you another room or upgrade if their was a complaint. Because we choose to make our property more secure in after dark hours you choose to hold this against us. That is your choice and I am sorry again that our efforts to make the property more secure for all guests make the property offensive to you.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

This hotel is conveniently located being so close to Trenton on the other side of the bridge. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Although dated the hotel is clean and comfortable and it appears that they are upgrading rooms with new paint, repairs, etc. The only downside is that there were no grab bars in the bath and we always suggest replacement of toilets with a raised profile to make it easier to get up and down. That being said we would stay here again if in the area. We would recommend a room on the back side to avoid noise from the nearby rail siding. Not too loud but may impact a light sleeper.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the hotel..
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Barbara B, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Phil,
We appreciate you choosing to stay at Quality Inn and Suites. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Barbara B
Assistant GM

Reviewed 13 September 2018

That was the only good points of this hotel. The breakfast was terrible for a Quality Inn, we've had a lot better. The bacon was partially cooked, floppy, eggs filled and folded over with cheese wiz. The waffle maker had a timer that didn't work so people had to estimate the cook time, and the cereal dispensers didn't dispense. Gave this Inn 2 points for comfortable beds and soft towels.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 844tamarad
Barbara B, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

We serve the Choice approved breakfast. I am sorry it was not to your liking and I have forwarded complaints to the breakfast attendant. I was unaware of any issue with the waffle timer and will address that with the manufacturer if their is an issue. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.