“Hit or miss...”

Selma's Texas Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I love this type of food, and this place is basically in my neighborhood, but it's sometimes a 5, sometime, not so much. Pulled pork is one of my favorites and I would love if every time it was spot on, but there have been times when it's really dry. The chicken is just okay, the sides that I've tried are excellent. Mac and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw. There's a great variety of sauces to choose from, mild to hot and spicy. I would definitely eat here again, always hoping for the best!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 12 January 2018

My last week in the area, only got to go there twice. They have specials every day, but get there early for dinner as they can run out. They smoke the meats fresh on site, and only enough for the day, so they can run out if an item is particularly popular that day. They also make their own sauces (6 of them).

First day I had the pulled pork sandwich ($6.99 special) that includes sandwich, drink, and one side. Pork was very tender and juicy, with a nice smokey taste. Went with the in-house sauce (Selma's BBQ Sauce), tangy and a little sweet. Definitely worth it.

Second day I had the fried catfish ($8.99 special). A seasoned breading with a nice, mild flavor. Goes great with the Memphis BBQ sauce, also well worth it.

All-in-all, this is a great place if you like BBQ. Wish there were more of them, but I may make the hour trip anyway.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Great lunch spot! Lots of delicious menu options. Quick and friendly service. I have also had their takeout!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

food & service was average. there are multiple BBQ sauces at each table (the spout needs cleaning). i had the pull-porked salad - mostly iceberg, but a generous portion of pork, though some was burnt. i also had the catfish sandwich, but nothing special. the coleslaw could have been fresher. they offered free chocolate cupcakes (wednesday special) that tasted okay. it's nice to see a local place, but they need to improve if they want return visits from me. the server was not very friendly, just business - you order at the counter & they call your number or bring it to you.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Never ate food from Selma's. Very happy we decided to try their food.. I was dying for a smoked chicken, after always seeing it on the food network shows. I had the very yummy smoked chicken breast dinner and my husband had the pulled pork sandwich. We also had the banana pudding which was another yum, yum!!. Next time, I'll try some of the sides, which comes with the meal.

Date of visit: September 2017